St Trinians

Helen Melen x

I saw this the first week of the year and loved it - it's very much in keeping with the spirit of the original films (which are definitely worth seeing - Alastair Simm was wonderful!). I was even pleasantly surprised by Russel Brand, who I can't stand, but who was very, very good as Flash Harry!

I've seen some of the old ones, well actually I think it's the same one that ITV show over and over again! I think it must be the Great Train Robbery one, because all I ever remember is the two girls going up and down the railway line on one of those cart things with the handle that they have to push up and down! Very funny. ;)

I loved the music they always played when Flash Harry appeared too. :(

I haven't seen the new film, though it looks quite good. I can't stand Russell Brand either, so maybe that put me off a bit. One for DVD perhaps.

I was really surprised that they didn't use the old original school song though - I really thought it would get used at some point, whether it was in the opening credits or whatever.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, when my Auntie sat down and said we're watching St Trinians, I groaned to myself. It wasn't something I was enthralled about. And then after about 30min I'd found myself to be really enjoying it, which was a pleasant surprise. So yeah, all in all very impressed. Russel was very good as Flash. And I suppose the eye candy at the end, singing the end song made the film better. :D

There are old ones that are in black and white but to be honest i like the new one better. :D

Youngsters they just cant appreciate classic cinema :lol:

When I was your age if we wanted to see a film we had to settle for a play and we had to walk 8 miles to see it , bare foot , in the snow, over broken glass :):tong::roll:

I'm 15, and although I wont make a habit of watching it again, it wasn't painstakingly bad. It wasn't brilliant at the same time. One of those meh kind of films.