The BCF Book Club - Part 3

Hayley

On 8/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

Just bought From the Depths and Other Tales of the Sea, on e-book and that's what I'll read next. Love these Tales of the Weird!

I’m only three stories in but I really like it so far! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 8:43 AM, Hayley said:

I still have the final few stories of From the Depths left and I’m not sure what I’m going to start afterwards! 

How is Treasure Island going for those who started that? 

I am very intrigued now by 'From the Depths of the Sea'!

I recently finished Treasure Island and found it a very enjoyable pacy read! OK it's old so the writing style isn't modern but it's a good classic adventure story. It should have been a very quick read - it's not that long - and but for some other things going on for me at the moment I'd have read it a lot more quickly.

The pirates are very menacing and proper villains, and the book has plenty of peril and danger in it and I loved that. Some of the characters are dark and dangerous and I wouldn't want to meet any of them in a dark alley. Highly recommend.

A Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! Aaaarrr!!

• Haha 1

I have hit a humongous reading slump, although I still consider myself on this reading challenge!

I have read an entire paragraph of Treasure Island, and have bought The Devil & The Dark Water (how could I not?). This morning I bought for 99p on kindle, a YA thriller called The Girl Who Broke The Sea. It intrigued me.  

September may leech into October for me and this challenge, but dammit I WILL get there! ☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I have hit a humongous reading slump, although I still consider myself on this reading challenge!

I have read an entire paragraph of Treasure Island, and have bought The Devil & The Dark Water (how could I not?). This morning I bought for 99p on kindle, a YA thriller called The Girl Who Broke The Sea. It intrigued me.  

September may leech into October for me and this challenge, but dammit I WILL get there! ☺️

There are no hard and fast rules. Taking care of yourself is the priority. You're supposed to enjoy the process and the challenge is just a bit of fun.

• Like 2