Michelle's Books - 2008

Michelle

Somehow I manage to have six books on the go at once!

A Difficult Boy by MP Barker and Dreams of Rivers and Seas by Tim Parks are both review books that I'm slightly struggling with. The last one in particular is taking a long time to tell it's story.

In Search of Adam by Caroline Smailes is rather harrowing, but I do intend to finish it.

Star Gazing by Linda Gillard because I couldn't resist!

Unspoken by Sam Hayes.

Torchwood: Trace Memory by David Llewellyn is underway because I've wanted something that needed no brain power a few times recently! :D

I've now finished Unspoken and Dreams of Rivers and Seas, so I'm down to four. Star Gazing is delightful. :jump:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now finished Star Gazing, which means I have 3 reviews to get to.

Leaving me with:

A Difficult Boy by MP Barker

In Search of Adam by Caroline Smailes

Torchwood: Trace Memory

I wonder if i can resist picking up anything else until these are finished?! :)

I wonder if i can resist picking up anything else until these are finished?! :)

Hehe that I understand! I usually have loadsa books on the go at the same time!

All I have left now from that lot is A Difficult Boy by MP Barker, which I'm having trouble with, plus Torchwood: Trace Memory. I've also picked up Before The Storm, because I wanted something to get into.

Inbetween that I've just read A Season of Eden.. one of KW's YA books. :)

• 2 weeks later...

That book looks great, Michelle. :)

The website is a bit frustrating though. I'm at a scene with a sleeping, snoring bloke but you can't wake him! I thought it was going to be interactive like J K Rowling's site was!

ETA: The book doesn't seem to be available to buy from Amazon. :D

Edited by Janet

Erm.. when you go to each page, there's some writing, then a sign - hover over the sign, and it says enter. Then, in each section, words come up at the bottom. It works ok for me, although I have noticed you get more content using IE (than firefox). However, don't forget that JK has a ton of money to throw at her site! :D

Yeah, I've just tried in IE. I realise that JK is loaded so her site will be better. It's just that I get a 'hand' when I'm on the basket of flowers on the lamp post so I thought something was meant to happen. :D

It sounds great!

It was available, the last time I looked, so they may be out of stock. At the moment it's self published, but she's now keen to take it forward, and has just started looking for an agent. I will be incredibly surprised if no one picks it up.

• 1 month later...

I spend so much time keeping LT updated, as well as the list on my blog, that I forget about here!

Since I last posted, I have read:

A Season of Eden by JM Warwick

Banquet For The Damned by Adam Nevill

The Silver Bear by Derek Haas

I’m Watching You by Mary Burton

Losing You by Patricia Debney

which I'm sure have all been reviewed.

Last night I finished a book called Dolman, which I shall probably review after my holiday.

I now have to decide what to take on holiday! The following are looking good, any comments?

The Outcast - Sadie Jones

The House At Riverton - Kate Morton

The Savage Garden - Mark Mills

The Girls - Lori Lansens

Wideacre - Philippa Gregory

Small Island - Andrea Levy

What a great list for a holiday.

Small Island is a great read.

I have The Outcast, which was highly recommended to me, The Savage Garden and The Girls on my shelves at the moment. I think I will save them for my next holiday.

Do you think you will manage them all? It seems like a lot, but better to have too many than too few.:smile2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after all that, I found it hard to concentrate on reading.. I started Small Island, but didn't get very far. I picked up Geisha by Liza Dalby in a charity shop, and I read bits of that. I then read, and finished, The Girls.

I came home to another review book from bluechrome publishing, called Messages, and it's fabulous! :D