Gyre's Reading Adventure from Jan 2008 - June 2008

Weave

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley, I enjoyed it, I liked the gothic feel to it, although I freely admit to being really annoyed by Frankenstein at times.:friends0:

I finished 'The Invisible Man' by HG Wells, which I enjoyed a lot more than 'The War of the Worlds' :D

I finished 'What Dreams may come' by Richard Matheson and I have to say, I cannot believe it is the same man that wrote 'I am Legend', 'What Dreams may come' is an amazing book, I heartily recommend it.

I am planning to read more of Richard Matheson books.:D

I finished 'Teacher Man' by Frank McCourt, it was nice to hear how Frank (or Frankie as he is commonly known) got on. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I finished 'No Time For Goodbye' by Linwood Barclay, which was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was slow at the beginning but as the story went on, it got more exciting, I had so many ideas of what might have happened to Cynthia's family but I never expected the outcome, really fast pace story, well thought out characters, A really good read.

I finished 'No Time For Goodbye' by Linwood Barclay, which was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was slow at the beginning but as the story went on, it got more exciting, I had so many ideas of what might have happened to Cynthia's family but I never expected the outcome, really fast pace story, well thought out characters, A really good read.

Have only heard good things about this book, good job its in the library!

HOw in the WORLD do you read so fast???? HOlee shmolee..

It really depends on the book:D

• 2 weeks later...

I finished 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer, I liked it so much, I ordered the second book from amazon.:)

I really enjoyed this, short but very powerful

I agree Louise, it was short but powerful, an excellent read :)