Favorite Tea?

Adam

When it gets cold and you need to be warmed up, a good cup of tea does wonders. It warms the soul and heart :D

What kind of tea does everyone enjoy?

My personal favorite is Green Tea. I love the taste and it has many health benefits :D

While I'm normally a coffee person, I do love a nice cup of tea when I'm feeling chilly. Usually Rooibos, I took a likening to it back in Africa. Also most flavored black teas do fine. But Rooibos is my go-to tea, when there isn't a specific "I need a cup of lemon tea" -type feeling.

There are too many! I have a great Honey-Vanilla-Chamomile right now. I also love green tea, with just a little bit of honey, and Chai tea with milk. If I want something stronger, I'll go for Earl Grey. I also drink Peppermint tea whenever I have a tummy ache.

I LOVE Chai tea. The one from Starbucks is sooooooo good! :D

Yes, their Chai Tea Latte is rather wonderful, to say the least! I just had a cup of Crabtree & Evelyn Afternoon Tea. I used to be a manager there, so I have a lot of their tea around.:D

Oh loose leaf tea in a teapot is wonderful. Haven't gone to the trouble for years. Even tea brewed in a pot from teabags tastes better than putting the teabag in the mug. I'm going to get some loose leaf tea and get my teapot out soon.

I know what you mean about the ritual too. It's all very British isn't it. It's great. (Although I'm not sure where you're from Green Fairy, maybe it's not so British to you)

For years a friend had been telling me that the loose tea was far superior. I laughed at him. /sigh/

Well, he was right. Much richer flavor.

I've bought a couple of those iron teapots, and the ones I bought have a stainless steel strainer that really keeps the tea clear from debris. If you search enough, they go on sale at Amazon or Republic of Tea every so often and are well worth having.

Have you tried Mighty Leaf tea? I order all my "good stuff" from them (mightyleaf.com) -- they have the best African rooibos ever, called African Nectar. I just tried a Chai that is so spicy and good. They have a Rainforest Mate' that's awesome and fruity, with a natural pick-me-up that's not caffeine. And the Orchid Oolong is a coconutty greeny oolong that is good hot or iced. Do I sound like a commercial? I just love every tea I've tried from them, and you can get loose or bags. They have lovely single mug strainers even.

I also have PG that I found in the market here, surprisingly, some time back, and a Twinings loose Earl Grey. I like a variety:smile2:

Oh that is a lovely site!

No, I order the Harrogate from Teadog, originally I'd bought it through Amazon, but then they are rather spotty about carrying it, and Teadog advertised on Amazon, so that is how I found them.

I don't really like fruity teas, I mostly drink the plain black tea, and occasionally a plain green or white tea. But I do like it strong and bitter.

Oh loose leaf tea in a teapot is wonderful. Haven't gone to the trouble for years. Even tea brewed in a pot from teabags tastes better than putting the teabag in the mug. I'm going to get some loose leaf tea and get my teapot out soon.

I know what you mean about the ritual too. It's all very British isn't it. It's great. (Although I'm not sure where you're from Green Fairy, maybe it's not so British to you)

Yes, it is British to me, too, Fish and Chips! Whenever I've lived abroad I've always had me teapot and strainer close to hand, that and Marmite. A little bit of home!!