Making a Murderer - Netflix

Brian.

After hearing this mentioned on few podcasts I listen to, yesterday I finally decided to check it out. It has been compared to the podcast Serial because of it's subject matter but I didn't think that it could be as good. If anything, it's even better. There are 10 episodes to it and I just couldn't turn it off and ended up watching 8 episodes yesterday. The story is absolutely riveting, I recommend you check it out.

I just looked it up and it does indeed sound good. I'll add it to my 'to watch' list, thanks!

If you haven't already seen it, you might like to check out The Jinx—The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, which aired as a miniseries last year. The show actually uncovered some crucial information that made headlines around the world. But I recommend watching it all before finding out what happened next. Great documentary.

I tried to watch the first episode but just couldn't get into it. :( I think it terrifies me too much to think that our justice system could allow someone to sit in prison for decades (I think the guy in the first ep I watched was in there for 18 years or something?) like that. Interesting story, but too hard on the heart for me.

Coincidentally a friend of mine just told me about this the other day :o We were talking about true crime documents and he recommended this very same series to me. He said he'd binge watched it and thought it was a really good documentary. 

I just looked it up and it does indeed sound good. I'll add it to my 'to watch' list, thanks!

If you haven't already seen it, you might like to check out The Jinx—The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, which aired as a miniseries last year. The show actually uncovered some crucial information that made headlines around the world. But I recommend watching it all before finding out what happened next. Great documentary.

Thanks for the recommendation, I shall keep an eye out for it.

I finished Making a Murderer a couple weeks ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  The nights I watched it I could hardly fall asleep because I was so wired with anticipation.  It is definitely a must watch, but get a friend or loved one to watch it too because it's something that you will NEED to discuss afterward.

I finished Making a Murderer a couple weeks ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  The nights I watched it I could hardly fall asleep because I was so wired with anticipation.  It is definitely a must watch, but get a friend or loved one to watch it too because it's something that you will NEED to discuss afterward.

This is so true! I'm lucky that it was recommended to me by my brother and I have since managed to get someone at work to watch it as well.

• 1 month later...

^ Turned out that the program I was really looking forward to seeing was not the actual MaM document, but another document that was based largely on MaM :rolleyes: I watched 15 minutes of it, wondering how everything was told oh so very quickly, and how they'd almost established half of the story (I've read about the case online so knew some of the stuff I was getting into with the show) in the fifteen minutes. And how everyone's been praising such a boring show... At that point I had to check out what it was that I was actually watching and I was soooo annoyed. Some alternate, boring, and half-assed document. And of course I fear that now I've been spoiled for the real thing :rolleyes: 

Edited by frankie