Which is the best book in the Chronicles of Narnia?

Kell

Which is the best book in the Chronicles of Narnia?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best book in the Chronicles of Narnia?

• The Magician's Nephew
    • The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
    • The Horse & His Boy
    • Prince Caspian
    • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    • The Silver Chair
    • The Last Battle
    • I've not read them

I'm in the process of reading the Narnia series for the first time. I have the complete series in one book, in which the stories are listed in chronological order. I decided to read them in order of publication, though, so I've been jumping around the book somewhat. :) I only have The Last Battle to go.

I'm very envious of you, getting to read them for the first time.

How have you found them?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm in the process of reading the Narnia series for the first time. I have the complete series in one book, in which the stories are listed in chronological order. I decided to read them in order of publication, though, so I've been jumping around the book somewhat. :) I only have The Last Battle to go.

Kylie, I am also about to start them. I have more time on my hands than is good for me :readingtwo: so I'm pulling out the whole unopened set.

Kylie, I am also about to start them. I have more time on my hands than is good for me :readingtwo: so I'm pulling out the whole unopened set.

Happy reading Travis! I finished the series at the end of December. A really enjoyable series, but I'll be looking to buy the books individually so I don't have to lug one huge volume around next time.

I've only read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and never read the others so I can't compare them and say which ones I like, but what I liked about The Lion, The Witch and The wardrobe was the whole fantasy world, through the wardrobe, just like the way another world is at the end of the wardrobe, could be any world and it still would have captured me. But to be honest I can not remember much about it as it was ages ago since I've read it.

I voted for The Last Battle here. I liked the story and I understand the reasoning behind most of the "How the series starts" discussion, but what I enjoy most about any book is a (Should I use a spoiler here?...)

definitive ending. The Last Battle truly wrapped the series up and for me there were no unanswered questions left after the last page of the book.

Which is something I can say does not tend to happen with a lot of things I have read. I enjoyed the series overall and would recommend it to anyone with an open mind to a story that may have a hint (cough, cough) of religious influence.

• 11 months later...

The Horse and His Boy for me (which is also where I picked up my username - 'bree' from)

To start with I loved the title - quite a reversal of what would be usual - and keeping with the Narnia theme of animals being on par, if not higher, than humans.

I loved the journey of the children and the horses - their personalities, the tests they faced, and how they grew.

• 3 months later...