Tennis

supergran71

A final set of 6-0 to Federer made sure the comeback was complete, this afternoon on centre court. 2-0 down and fighting to stay in the tournament, I was astounded to see him fight his way back and claw out a 3 set to 2 victory in a sensational five set match. He played amazingly to bring the game back, a key break of serve against Falla in the fourth when he was serving for the match. Well played Rodger. :D

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A final set of 6-0 to Federer made sure the comeback was complete, this afternoon on centre court. 2-0 down and fighting to stay in the tournament, I was astounded to see him fight his way back and claw out a 3 set to 2 victory in a sensational five set match. He played amazingly to bring the game back, a key break of serve against Falla in the fourth when he was serving for the match. Well played Rodger. :D

Agreed! If I'm honest I didn't want to see him go, especially so early on! I love watching him play! He is without a doubt the best player in the world, and I think the best to watch too!! :D

Mitch.

Agreed! If I'm honest I didn't want to see him go, especially so early on! I love watching him play! He is without a doubt the best player in the world, and I think the best to watch too!! :D

Mitch.

In some senses I wanted his opposition to put up a good fight and push him all the way, because although he's a fantastic player it's always good to see an under-dog play well. Nevertheless, I think I'm with you there, I didn't want to see him knocked out in the first round. Because he didn't it means we get to watch him play some more tennis, which is always a pleasure. :D

Well done Murray on his first round win.. that's about as much other tennis I have watched, haven't had much time if you've been watching the Mahut vs. Isner. Much applause deserved for both players, but I'll be honest when I say I'm glad Isner came out on top. He never stopped trying when he was swaying and looked like he was about to complex. Fair play to him.

Tennis is about the only sport I watch, other than some of the Olympics when it's on, so I love this time of the year!

The match between Isner and Mahut was amazing, if a little boring towards the end, and you have to hand it to them for not giving up and for fighting all the way to the end. It's just a shame someone had to lose.

I also felt really sorry for Isner during his second round loss. Poor guy, he looked as if he was in agony and it was only to be expected that he would pull out of the doubles too.

Wow what a day for the womens game which I usually find very unintersting but with Venus out and Kim Clijsters going out it at least won't be a Williams sister final which has dominated in recent years and been very dull.

Me too Inver!

I'm glad that Venus is out too, but a little surprised about Kim Clijsters. I actually wanted her to win the women's title this year!

Ooh and I'm gutted that Andy Roddick was knocked out of the championships yesterday... again I wanted him to win the title. I'm so bored of Federer and Nadal dominating the game.

Go on Berdych...shake up Federer.....time someone knocked him off his perch:mrgreen:

Yes.....well done you hero :D

Edited by Inver

Yeh...I just said that Laura...lol

Go on Andy............

Edited by Inver

Nadal went through woo hoo...come on, although i like Soderling as well so good and bad...glad about Berdych though bored with Fed winning it all the time shock though. Andy Murray sorry I am a bit meh about him