Dan Brown - Deception Point

Kell

• 2 weeks later...

Because I thought the Da Vinci code was such an enjoyable read (yes I know there are problems with the book and Dan Browns liberties with his poetic license) I went out and bought Deception Point. What a let down! Yes it is a page turner but to me that is where the main problem is. I found with the Da Vinci Code that Brown was cleverly getting you to want to read the next chapter all the time. With deception Point it was not as subtle. To me his effort to get you to read on was just too obvious and spoilt the feel and flow of the book. Never the less I couldnt put it down. This one isnt Shakespeare, but I dont like Shaespear anyway. If you get my meaning. If you like Dan Brown then try this one, but to me it was a little shallow and not very subtle. A good read but not up to Da Vinci Code.

I agree about the shallowness - it was definitely lacking in the substance of the other books, plotwise. It just didn't seem to be quite as plausible as the others were (even if they weren't exactly something I could imagine happening in everyday life either).

I think this one was actually my least favourite of the four.

• 2 months later...
Well, to my mind, it was only really bested by Digital Fortress, but that's just my opinion. They've all been a pleasure to read.

I think I actually prefer this to DF. I enjoyed all of his books to date, and they all have the "could be made into films" stamp on them. I agree wtih Kell re who the bad guy is - I would never have guessed it - my two candidates were not to blame. I would definately be reading more Dan Brown in the future.