What books did you browse today?

~Andrea~

Today when I was in Tesco I couldn't resist picking up the following two books (both novels by celebrity authors)

Murder Most Fab - Julian Clary. This seems to be the "confessions of a celebrity light entertainer" who got where he is today by means of murder. I read the first couple of paragraphs and it looks well written and funny. I would consider buying it.

Crystal - Katie Price. Yes she has written a novel! I was quite surprised and picked it thinking, well let's give it a chance and not pre-judge. Oh my, it is very badly written. The first two pages are full of cliched, amateurish 'telling' style writing. It annoys me that because someone is a celeb they can get published when I bet there are much better novels out there unpublished because the writer, even though more talented, is unknown.

Today when I was in Tesco I couldn't resist picking up the following two books (both novels by celebrity authors)

Murder Most Fab - Julian Clary. This seems to be the "confessions of a celebrity light entertainer" who got where he is today by means of murder. I read the first couple of paragraphs and it looks well written and funny. I would consider buying it.

Crystal - Katie Price. Yes she has written a novel! I was quite surprised and picked it thinking, well let's give it a chance and not pre-judge. Oh my, it is very badly written. The first two pages are full of cliched, amateurish 'telling' style writing. It annoys me that because someone is a celeb they can get published when I bet there are much better novels out there unpublished because the writer, even though more talented, is unknown.

Will definitely be getting the Julian Clary one and might even get Crystal for the beach!