Your Book Activity - April 2015

frankie

Definitely a theme running through my reads at the moment, dementia/Alzheimer's. Just finished 'The Memory Book' by Rowan Coleman. My sister recommended and has passed on to me and I have now started 'Elizabeth is Missing' by Emma Healey.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson. Very good. Have a couple of reviews to write but can't be bothered at this precise moment in time.

Up next I think will be Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano, suggested to me by Abby.

I finished No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong and over the weekend I purchased The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley, and I started it yesterday.  I love Alan Bradley and everything he writes so I can't wait to get into this one! :D

I finished Fault in our stars by John Green today and totally understand the following it has. It made me cry bucket loads. Not sure what's up next might have to bring in the book jar, hopefully it will be something light.

Glad you liked it! It's a great book, but not even my favorite John Green book. 

I'm still going on 11/22/63 and hope to have it finished before the end of the week. It's a long one. 

Finally finished Stephen Kings Needful Things, excellent book. Next up ultim_zps1xcr3e3r.jpg

Oh how are you liking it? Took me quite a while to finish Proxima, wasn't exciting but some how did make me long to read Ultima. Have it on my pc but yet to put it on my reader..

Have read Heinlein's Tunnel in the Sky, finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth and started both her Allegiant and Meat by Joseph d'Lacey. I loved Divergent but both later books are meh. But I have promised myself to finish more series in 2015. I often start series, read only the first book, sometimes love them but can't be arsed to read more.

Meat is already creapy. Just.. don't read it if you're squeamish. Am 50 pages in and already, ew. But that's how I love books. ;)

I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano. I like it in the way I liked Twilight - I'm compelled to keep reading it despite pretty bad writing and virtually zero characters I give a toss about, simply because the weak world-building alludes to a world I could love if it were done well. (And I like some of the premises.)

I'm three quarters of the way through Celia.  

I did have a look at the new monthly deal books on Kindle, but I think I'm in a place where I want to try and work through my own books without adding any more, and I think I'd have to have a completely burning desire to want a book before I bought one, even on offer.

I finished a book!  celebrate_zps56b8a801.gif

Yesterday, in fact. I finally finished The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón - it took me a month to read it!  :o   I hope it doesn't take me as long to read the next one.

Hurraah! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it even though it took you so long to read it and you didn't like it as much as you'd perhaps hoped :smile2: 

Teaches me to try to remember more relevant words when Googling  :giggle2:  :roll:

:D It helps to add the Krupnik, right? And to put it all in quotation marks :giggle2: 

I finished Scent of a Killer yesterday, and started reading Black Dog by Stephen Booth. I'm in a thriller zone. 

Intend to take my book out for a walk this morning ..

I can't help but picture your book with a leash wrapped around its middle, and you holding the other end of the leash. :D

I'm about two-thirds of the way through Underground. I've read the accounts of the everyday users of the subway, and now I'm reading Murakami's short analysis of the whole situation. The last part of the book is about Aum, the religious group that was responsible for the attack.

I started Ken Follett's World Without End today :exc:

I hope you enjoy it!!

Yesterday and today I've been busy writing reviews of the books I read during the long read-a-thon. I plan to start a new book later today or at least tomorrow. It'll probably be Penny Vincenzi - A Perfect Heritage, I plan to read a couple of pages and see if it pulls me in. I haven't read a book by this author in a little while and I pre-ordered this one and I've had it for just over a month now, so if it sparks my interest, that'll be my next read.

I can't help but picture your book with a leash wrapped around its middle, and you holding the other end of the leash. :D

:hide:  :hide:  Can you imagine the state of the book after that sort of a 'book howl'? 

Edit: Should I say 'book maul'.

Edited by frankie

:( I tried not to imagine Poppyshake actually walking the book, because I knew it wouldn't end well. I only let my imagination go as far as the book resting quietly on the ground. :)

:( I tried not to imagine Poppyshake actually walking the book, because I knew it wouldn't end well. I only let my imagination go as far as the book resting quietly on the ground. :)

Good :) Maybe on a picnic blanket, too! Ooooh, books and a picnic. Count me in! 

That's exactly what I pictured when I read that sentence too! :lol:

I finished Celia today.  It was absolutely fascinating to see the everyday thoughts and deeds of middle class women in the 1930s, but written at the time rather than written as a historical fiction and felt very modern.  Good old book jar … it might have taken me a while to read, but you done me good! :yes: