Your Book Activity - April 2014

Kylie

On second thought, I think I'll finish Gone With The Wind.

Good choice. :D  One of my all time favorites.

Haven't been reading much, only "junk food" books, really....read a few more of the Wayward Pines novellas, and Thomas Perry's Big Fish.  meh

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading On The Beach when I have time, which isn't too often. I'm not particularly enjoying it though which I think puts me in a minority.. For me it is very stilted and dull, sorry! And unrealistic too.. Maybe it'll improve soon..

I'm sorry to hear that Chaliepud :(.

I read and finished Holly Smale - Geek Girl 2: Model Misfit, which was great, and have started George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire 3: A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold, which is very good so far. I was having a little bit of trouble in the beginning to remember what was going on, but things came and are coming back to me.

I finished reading the YA book Angel Fire by L. A. Weatherly yesterday, and also finished listening to Soulless by Gail Carriger, and for the first time this year, I actively went and sought out the next book in the series, Changeless, to download and start immediately.  All my other purchases so far have been either from the daily deals, or second hand books for the English Counties Challenge, or books bought on visits to bookshops, but this was the first time all year I actually decided I wanted to buy a specific book and went straight away to download it.  And, it was only £3.95 to boot, so a bit of a bargain, and I'm already a third of the way through. :smile2:

Still plugging along with Black Hawk Down.  It's pretty boring, as far as books go.  Only 26% through and I just can't imagine it going much longer!  I'm like, 75% more of THIS?  Ugh.  Anyway.

I'm just over halfway through in George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire 3: A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold and can't believe some of these plot twists! There are a lot of them :).

That book is pure awesomesauce from start to finish :cool:  :smile:

I finished Cornwell's The Burning Land.  Currently trying to decide what to read next.

Ive finished Chase Novak - The Breed (by a writer called Scott Spencer writing under a pseudonym). It came highly recommended by Stephen King saying it was the best horror book hes read since Peter Straubs Ghost Story. Well i didnt think it was. It was ok but not much going on i thought.

Ok, I broke down and decided to read a Jack Reacher book along with Black Hawk Down.  BHD is just too much of the same thing- like The Plains of Passage by Jean M. Auel.  So, I'm sorta reading all 3.

Ive decided to carry on with reading Stephen Kings books from the beginning again so next on the list is Firestarter.

Always wanted to read Firestarter. 

I read 68% of Angel's Tip by Alafair Burke, daughter of one of my favorites, James Lee Burke.

Finally discarded it, and removed it from Kindle Carousel.  Her father, she ain't.

Now I'm about 30% through The Postman by David Brin.  Interesting, so far.

I've just finished the third book in the Parasol Protectorate series, having had a lovely start to the bank holiday with a reading day.  Have now downloaded the fourth book, and am contemplating downloading Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier, so that I can read it before the new BBC adaptation starts on Monday evening.  I read the first few pages in the book shop this morning, and it sounds good, but it's whether I'll have enough time over the remainder of the weekend to read it all … decisions, decisions! :smile2:

Still reading The Daughter Of Time  Josephine Tey, i was really looking forward to reading this but am struggling to get through it as it's just not holding my attention  :(

Finished Heartless by Gail Carriger yesterday, so just one book left in the series to read now - Timeless - which I bought yesterday.  I read the first book a few years ago, last week listened to the audio book of it to remind myself what happened, and have then read the rest of the series this week.  Love being able to do that. :smile2:

I'm currently reading Barefoot Doctor - Beste Barefoot Doctor: Wijsheid En Gezondheid Voor Iedere Dag but what I really want to do is read the next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows, so I think I'll start that one soon.

Finished the last of the brilliant Parasol Protectorate books by Gail Carriger at the weekend, so going back to reading something on my Jane Austen challenge list, and decided to pick up Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange today. 

Finished Edmund Bertram's Diary yesterday, and have picked up Twelve Minutes of Love: A Tango Story by Kapka Kassabovafrom my TBR pile today - all about the authors love affair with Argentine Tango, and it's fantastic so far.  Listened to Tango Siempre and The Gotan Project while reading - the perfect musical accompaniment! :D

I've decided to ditch The Daughter of Time  Josephine Tey, i've hardly read anything for days & it's because i just can't motivate myself to pick up & read this book....... i'm finding it so dull  :o

So today i'm going to make a start on my book group read Stolen  Rebecca Muddiman hopefully this will perk up my ailing mojo  :D