Your Book Activity - April 2014

Kylie

Sorry to hear you didn't really like the ending of The Storyteller, chaliepud :(.

I'm currently reading Peter V. Brett - Demon Cycle 3: The Daylight War and J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which are both really good. I'm about half way through the first book, and about one quarter through the second.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering about this book- I tried the sample and it didn't hook me.  Will probably take it up again.  The year is still young :D

I really enjoyed it Anna but of course everyone has different tastes so maybe it's just not your sort of book  :smile:

I finished Life After Life Kate Atkinson last night, i'm still waiting for On The Beach to turn up so decided to make a start on A Very Long Engagement  Sebastien Japrisot for next months reading circle.

CG, I've read some of MacDonald, and liked them, and I'm pretty sure that husband has read them all.

I'm not that fond of light fantasy, or any fantasy to tell the truth. 

Finished I Am Livia and A Long Long Way.  Wow.

Not sure what is next.

CG, I've read some of MacDonald, and liked them, and I'm pretty sure that husband has read them all.

I'm not that fond of light fantasy, or any fantasy to tell the truth. 

Finished I Am Livia and A Long Long Way.  Wow.

Not sure what is next.

I'm fussy about my fantasy - a lot of what I see listed as fantasy these days just doesn't do it for me. In fact I read very little new fantasy. 

I completely forgot that I read 'The Fall of the House of Usher' as well. Ok it's a short story but it has been ages since I read any Poe and I have quite forgotten how well he builds tension without ever being that explicit. Quite unlike modern horror which just gives me nightmares - not good!! 

I have been reading the Ramage books and have just started book five, Ramage's Prize. I am injoying them greatly, they are exactly how I was told the would be, Sharpe at sea lol.

I'm glad to read you're enjoying reading it again. If you watch the movie, I hope it's fun :). Have you seen it before?

I think I've seen it twice. Loved it the first time, then started noticing annoying things when watching it the second time :blush: I think I might enjoy it this time when I know that it's not perfect :)

I think I've seen it twice. Loved it the first time, then started noticing annoying things when watching it the second time :blush: I think I might enjoy it this time when I know that it's not perfect :)

x

I hope you enjoy it the third time around :)! I liked it when I saw it, but I can imagine if you're reading the book alongside it, you might notice things they skipped over etc.

Finished Water for Elephants.  Started The Bloodletters Daughter by Linda Lafferty.  It's pretty graphic and I'm not sure where it is going or what is going to happen.  I know little about it but the sample sold me.  It's a strange book so far.

Yesterday I received this in the post.  I only paid £2.55 from Waterstone’s because it was £4.99 and I had some credit on my Waterstone’s loyalty card.

2014NewBooks3_zps31f2eb4d.jpg

This version was only released on 3 April so I pre-ordered it because I preferred the cover… but it’s not a full-sized book.  It’s not abridged but the print is small and it’s slightly smaller than a normal paperback.   Maybe the £4.99 should have alerted me to the fact, but I assumed it was on offer – not the RRP price. I probably wouldn’t have bought this version if I’d realised, but never mind.  :rolleyes:

Ive gave up Wild Cards:Busted Flush as its later on in the series andd ive missed too much so need to read the other parts first so ill come back to it. Think im going to start a book called Breed by Chase Novak

Started the sixth Ramage book yesterday, Ramage and the Guillotine! On the edge of my seat already, smugglers and spying on the French as they prepare to invade Britain.

Couldn't resist buying a book while browsing in Waterstone's today - it's one from the travel writing section called The Book Shop That Floated Away by Sarah Henshaw. Looks exactly like the sort of book I enjoy reading. :smile2:

Okay, just the title is intriguing to me.  I'll be looking forward to your review. :)