Favourite Genres?

green

I try and mix up my genres,though it can be strange to leap from 16th century historical crime to 23rd century sci-fi! My current favourite genres are historical crime,sci-fi,fantasy and contemporary,but this changes quite often. I only used to read fantasy,sci-fi,horror and animal stories 20+ years ago and it took me quite a while to open up to other genres.

I tend to lean toward crime fiction, but am always open to other genres. My favourite book shops are the ones that aren't too genre specific on their shelves, so I can be 'captured' by book rather than choosing from a specific genre. Second hand book shops can be great for this. :D

Recently I changed the 'collections' on my kindle, so now my (far too many) books are alphabetised rather than genre so that I select my books differently.

Well most of the books I have fall under fantasy but I also have, non-fiction, sci-fi, historical fiction, fiction, crime, historical crime, then some classics. :)

So no real favorite, although I do read more fantasy! lol

Edited by Vimes

My favourite genres (at the moment) are fantasy, science-fiction, contemporary fiction and chick-lit. I also like some detectives, historical fiction, information books, biographies, manga, literature, horror, paranormal and thrillers. I try to vary my reading between genres that I like.