Kylie's Literary Adventures in 2014

Kylie

I've just finished the third PC Peter Grant book, and started on the fourth today.  Hope you're still enjoying Rivers of London, and for me, the series gets better as it goes along, so you've got a few more books to look forward to afterwards. :smile2:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Books as props? That sounds interesting.

Congrats on your new books, I hope you enjoy them :).

Yep. We put on a production of 12 Angry Men, and we needed a couple of old books that could be ruined (I won't go into the gory details).

Well hello there Agent Cooper! :D Where the heck did you find this? I hope you enjoy it. And I hope you won't be disappointed with the fact that it doesn't have to do with the events in the show themselves, only Cooper's own past. But I've enjoyed it all the same :) I've read it maybe three times and own a copy, of course. 

Are you interested in reading The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer

I was so surprised to find this. :) I knew that you had recommended Laura Palmer's diaries, so I would have preferred to find that, but I was quite excited to find this. I read the blurb first, so I know it's from before the events in Twin Peaks. :)

I found it in the Salvation Army shop in High St. Did we go there together? Or did I only find out about that place after you had left? They mostly had rubbish there, and the books aren't ordered very well, but I did find a couple of gems.

I really enjoyed Rivers Of London, Kylie, i still have the third one of the series to read just haven't got round to it yet. Hope you like it  :smile:

I've just finished the third PC Peter Grant book, and started on the fourth today.  Hope you're still enjoying Rivers of London, and for me, the series gets better as it goes along, so you've got a few more books to look forward to afterwards. :smile2:

Thank you both. :) I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

I haven't been around much over the past couple of months, although I've still been buying and reading books. To put it bluntly and briefly, my beloved dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer a couple of months ago and I've been by his side since then (with a couple of brief trips home). There are no words to say how horrible it all is, so I won't say anything much. I just felt weird not mentioning it here (although those of you who are on Facebook already know). In my non-professional opinion, he won't be suffering for too much longer. Life is cruel.

Anyway, I want this thread to be a happy place, so there is no need to post condolence messages. I'll just move right along and post a couple of catch-up posts while I'm finally in the mood to do so.

I've been working less and sitting around more, which means more time for reading.

In May, after I finished Rivers of London, I read Dewey by Vicki Myron, which was a charming story of a cat that lived in a library in a small US town. This was followed by A Book to Love, which is a collection of short essays by various authors about books they love. A number of books were added to my wish list as a result of reading this (I may have already bought a few of them, too  :blush2:). The book is a by-product of The Book Club TV show, which airs in Australia every month. Speaking of which, in June, one of my brief trips home was to attend a couple of tapings of the show in the Sydney studio.

In June, I read Mortality by Christopher Hitchens. This is a collection of articles that Hitchens wrote after he found out that he had terminal cancer. I guess I was hoping to get something out of it that might help me in my current situation, but it didn't really offer any insights. It was a good and interesting read nonetheless. Hitchens is a masterful writer.

Next I finished reading Joy of Pi by David Blater, which is about the history of the number pi. It's a short book and quite interesting. The first one million digits of pi are actually printed in teeny tiny print throughout the book. I had this book on my wish list for a while and then removed it for some reason. Not long afterwards, I saw a copy sitting on my partner's bookshelf, so I was able to borrow it. Yay for having a nerdy boyfriend, but boo for not being able to reduce my TBR pile. :)

Next up was Superfreakonomics by Steven D Levitt and Stephen J Dubner, the sequel to the brilliant Freakonomics. I thought this book was nearly as good as the first, although it kind of wandered off topic towards the end, with talk of solutions for global warming that didn't really involve economics. Still, it was thoroughly entertaining, and I can't wait to read the recently released Think Like a Freak.

Next was Alain de Botton's Essays in Love. I bought this late last year on a whim, and when I started reading the book and tracking my progress on Goodreads, I noticed that Frankie had it listed as a 1001 book (under the title On Love). I hadn't a clue that it was on the list until then. (Thanks Frankie!) So happily I can knock a book off that list. These essays essentially tell the story of a relationship between a man and woman. Each one covers different aspects of a relationship. It was quite absorbing, and anyone who has ever been in love will recognise themselves in here, I think. de Botton seems to have the ability to say the things that one might think but not necessarily say out loud, so I found this book both comforting ('ah, so other people feel that way too!') and discomfiting ('oh no! what if my partner thinks this way?')

To finish up June, I read A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen, which was another charming cat story, this time about a homeless man and a homeless cat who found each other and forged a new life together. Bob is such a beautiful and remarkable cat! I follow them on Facebook now, and I look forward to reading the sequels.

To start off July, I read Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Project, which was just lovely. I didn't quite love it the way some others have loved it (perhaps because parts of it reminded me uncomfortably of my ex), but I loved it all the same. I can't wait to read The Rosie Effect when it is published.

Throughout June and July, I was reading Hunter S Thompson's Hell's Angels. This is one I've had on my TBR pile for ages and always badly wanted to read, but other books always seemed to get in the way. Having finally read it, I'm not sure that it lived up to the hype I had built up around it in my mind, but it was still very, very good. I was a bit annoyed at first how Thompson seemed to make all sorts of excuses for the Angels' behaviour, but he seemed more unbiased as he spent more time with them. Eventually he 'pushed his luck too far' and got beaten up by them. Interestingly, he didn't mention what he'd said to upset them, but that was pretty much the end of his association with them. I don't think I learnt much about them that I didn't already know (or suspect), but then, this book was written in the 70s, so what is common knowledge now might not have been back then. One of the most interesting parts was about a party he attended with the Hells Angels during their time with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters (as well as Allan Ginsberg!) This was also written about by Tom Wolfe in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, so it was interesting to read about the same events through someone else's eyes.

I then randomly had an impulse to read Firstborn, which is the third book of the Time Odyssey trilogy written by Arthur C Clarke and Stephen Baxter just before Clarke died. I read the first two books years ago, not long after they came out, but I really dallied over reading this one. This meant that I only vaguely remembered the events of the first two books, but that didn't really affect my enjoyment. 'Enjoyment' is rather a strong word, as I thought this was quite a weak book. The ideas were good, but it was bogged down in overly long descriptions of technology and pointless plot points. For instance, two characters were taken from Earth to Mars and then some orbiting station, but they weren't told what was going on. The trip took them around a couple of months, and the guy who was taking them knew everything but wouldn't tell them anything. When they finally reached their destination, they talked to a computer for a couple of minutes, who basically told them that there was a bad situation but there was nothing for them to do but go back to Mars and wait. When they got back to Mars, it turned out that the friggin' computer could communicate with them there anyway! And no good reason was given as to why the guy accompanying them couldn't have told them all this himself! (The computer only said 'I asked him not to tell you'.) And the main character, who was considered by everyone to be crucial to the fate of the Earth, was basically useless, and someone else had to come up with the plan to save mankind. Jeez. It makes me more annoyed the more I think about it. I adore Arthur C Clarke, but he was always much better with ideas than character development, which was also lacking in this book. All of the characters spoke the same and were quite dull, except the stereotyped Australian character, who actually said 'bonza!' (something real Australians don't say). Argh! If you're looking to try some Arthur C Clarke, go for his much earlier works.

Happily, the most recent book I read was a huge improvement on Firstborn: last night, I finished reading Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, which was just wonderful. I read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn a few years ago and hugely enjoyed it, so I had high hopes for Tom Sawyer, and I wasn't disappointed. It was a rollicking good story with wonderful characterisation and a fast-paced plot. It made me yearn to live in an earlier and simpler time. Mark Twain is simply a wonderful author; he has such a way with words that I sometimes pause to re-read a sentence multiple times just to drink in its beauty.

After five or so months of good behaviour (hardly buying any books), I fell off the wagon in June. :( There were a few times when I needed a pick-me-up, and because I'm staying in a small country town far away from my favourite cake/chocolate shops, I turned to buying books instead.

Barbara Pym An Unsuitable Attachment

Bill Bryson One Summer

AC Grayling The God Argument

Andrew Solomon Far from the Tree

Therese Anne Fowler Zelda: A Novel
Niall Kishtainy Economics in Minutes
George Gissing New Grub Street
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #2: A Clash of Kings
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #3a: A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #3b: A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #4: A Feast for Crows
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #5a: A Dance with Dragons: Dreams and Dust
George RR Martin Game of Thrones #5b: A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast
Charles Maturin Melmoth the Wanderer
Laurence Sterne The Life & Opinions of Tristram Shandy
Evelyn Waugh Scoop
John Williams Stoner
Henri Charriere Papillon
Tim Flannery Eternal Frontier
Stephen Hawking My Brief History
Hermione Lee Edith Wharton
Donald McCraig Rhett Butler’s People
David Shields & Shane Salerno Salinger
Simon Winchester The Men Who United the States
James Bowen A Street Cat Named Bob
Graeme Simsion The Rosie Project
JG Ballard Cocaine Nights

Anthony Burgess Tremor of Intent

John Curran Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks

Philip K Dick Valis

Susan Hill Dolly

I like the sound of the book about pi, but I've just had a look and it's out of print over here, and my library doesn't have a copy either, but I'll keep an eye out for it in second hand bookshops to see if I can find it.

Nice to see a Barbara Pym on your recent acquisition list - I adore her books, although I'm not sure I've read them all yet, but OH has most of them as he introduced me to her work, and some time in the future I intend to (re)read them all.  Have you read any of her other books, Kylie?

Nope, I haven't read anything by Pym before. To be honest, I think I had only heard of her but not paid any attention to her until Excellent Women was recommended in A Book to Love, so I added that to my wish list. I think it was only about a week later that I found An Unsuitable Attachment and couldn't resist buying it. Her style of writing and plots appeal to me very much, so I expect that I'll like it. In fact, I read a page or two of An Unsuitable Attachment soon after I got it, and it was off to a promising start, but I thought I should concentrate on my other books first (I always seem to have a few on the go at the same time lately).

Thats me too Kylie, I had five books on the go and I had wanted to start a sixth! I have resisted the urge though and finished two - in the process of finishing the third book now.

• 1 month later...

Hallo Kylie darling! 

I was so surprised to find this. I knew that you had recommended Laura Palmer's diaries, so I would have preferred to find that, but I was quite excited to find this. I read the blurb first, so I know it's from before the events in Twin Peaks. 

I was also very surprised to hear you'd found this :D I'm hoping that you will find a copy of Laura Palmer's diary soon! I don't think they make new editions anymore... Maybe they do. There's been hype about the series lately, I think they've thought about making a new movie out of it or something like that? I can't remember, I haven't read the news that closely because I personally think it could never be the same and I'm just happy with what they did back in the day.

I found it in the Salvation Army shop in High St. Did we go there together? Or did I only find out about that place after you had left? They mostly had rubbish there, and the books aren't ordered very well, but I did find a couple of gems.

I think we did go there together once, but it was a quick visit. They were so disorganized with their books! And some of them were ... not in a great shape and form. But I remember finding a really cheap copy of The Second Sex there. Or was it The Backlash book. One or the other. And maybe something else, too. I have this faint idea that when we went in together, there was this one book you were contemplating on buying and I was trying to coax you to buy it but you left it behind :( Poor book! Of course, I might be wrong! :D

In May, after I finished Rivers of London, I read Dewey by Vicki Myron, which was a charming story of a cat that lived in a library in a small US town. This was followed by A Book to Love, which is a collection of short essays by various authors about books they love. A number of books were added to my wish list as a result of reading this (I may have already bought a few of them, too). The book is a by-product of The Book Club TV show, which airs in Australia every month. Speaking of which, in June, one of my brief trips home was to attend a couple of tapings of the show in the Sydney studio.

What?! You've been to new tapings of the show? :o Did I know about this. Did you get a good seat without frankie dashing in? :D Which books did they talk about. How was Jason Steger? Did you send him my love? :giggle:

Next was Alain de Botton's Essays in Love. I bought this late last year on a whim, and when I started reading the book and tracking my progress on Goodreads, I noticed that Frankie had it listed as a 1001 book (under the title On Love). I hadn't a clue that it was on the list until then. (Thanks Frankie!) So happily I can knock a book off that list. These essays essentially tell the story of a relationship between a man and woman. Each one covers different aspects of a relationship. It was quite absorbing, and anyone who has ever been in love will recognise themselves in here, I think. de Botton seems to have the ability to say the things that one might think but not necessarily say out loud, so I found this book both comforting ('ah, so other people feel that way too!') and discomfiting ('oh no! what if my partner thinks this way?')

Heheh, I'm happy you found out about it being a 1001 Books -book! :D The book sounds really good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats me too Kylie, I had five books on the go and I had wanted to start a sixth! I have resisted the urge though and finished two - in the process of finishing the third book now.

I'm trying to be better with this, but it seems that as soon as I finish one book, I start another, even though I already have several others on the go. Too many exciting books to read!

I was also very surprised to hear you'd found this :D I'm hoping that you will find a copy of Laura Palmer's diary soon! I don't think they make new editions anymore... Maybe they do. There's been hype about the series lately, I think they've thought about making a new movie out of it or something like that? I can't remember, I haven't read the news that closely because I personally think it could never be the same and I'm just happy with what they did back in the day.

I don't imagine they'd print new editions of LP's diary, but I'm hoping to find it secondhand one day. Maybe I should check out the secondhand bookshop in Penrith that has a special section on books that have been into TV shows or movies.

Yeah, I've seen mention of Twin Peaks recently too. But I can't remember what it was about either. :) I do know there's going to be some sort of Blu-Ray release with lots of extras...and maybe an alternate ending or something? Damn...now I have to look it up...Aha! It looks like there's 90 minutes of extended and deleted scenes from the movie!

I think we did go there together once, but it was a quick visit. They were so disorganized with their books! And some of them were ... not in a great shape and form. But I remember finding a really cheap copy of The Second Sex there. Or was it The Backlash book. One or the other. And maybe something else, too. I have this faint idea that when we went in together, there was this one book you were contemplating on buying and I was trying to coax you to buy it but you left it behind :( Poor book! Of course, I might be wrong!

Yep, I remember finding Backlash. I can see it on my shelf right now. :) It's still pretty disorganised, but the last time I went there, a staff member was trying to organise the books, all the while grumbling to a colleague that another colleague kept messing them when she wasn't there. :D

Hey, for every book I said 'no' to, you talked me into buying, like, 10 more!! :P

What?! You've been to new tapings of the show? :o Did I know about this. Did you get a good seat without frankie dashing in? Which books did they talk about. How was Jason Steger? Did you send him my love?

Yep, they did two tapings in one day, so N and I went to both. They were doing a series of seven specials on the seven deadly sins, and we went to 'Envy'. Jason and Marieke weren't in that ep, but they were in the regular ep. N wasn't as fast off the mark as you (I told him all about how you dashed in there in front of the oldies!), but he got us front row seats (at the other end of the row to where you and I were).

There was a break between the two tapings so we went to get something to eat. N was so slow (he didn't 'get' the urgency to be the first ones into the studio) that we were among the last back in and someone took our seats so we had to sit on the other side, where I learnt that a camera blocks a couple of the speakers. It was still good though.

Jason was good as always, and Marieke and Jennifer made fun of him again! I can't remember why now, but I think it (again) had to do with the book he was currently reading. I would have sent him your love but I'm too shy, and he wouldn't know who I was talking about anyway because you wouldn't go and introduce yourself to him last time! :P

I can't take N there again though because he took a shine to Jennifer and called her 'the thinking man's crumpet'.  :roll:

I forgot to ask: when is the next book fair and are you thinking of going?

It's on in two weeks. I thought about not going because I've been so good with not buying too many books this year, but I can't stand the thought of missing both book fairs in one year, so I'm going after all. :D

It's on in two weeks. I thought about not going because I've been so good with not buying too many books this year, but I can't stand the thought of missing both book fairs in one year, so I'm going after all. :D

I wish you lots of fun :D!

I don't imagine they'd print new editions of LP's diary, but I'm hoping to find it secondhand one day. Maybe I should check out the secondhand bookshop in Penrith that has a special section on books that have been into TV shows or movies.

Aw!  It's really good- but really twisted!  If my copy wasn't packed away, I'd lone it to ya, even though it's probably be a million dollars to ship to Australia.

Oh- I just saw it was re-released on Kindle and in paperback on Amazon over here- that isn't the case in Australia?  I was a bit too young for the series when it ran on TV originally, but I did see the movie (Fire Walk with Me).

And yes, have fun at the book fair!

Here's a list of books I've bought in the past month or so.

Elizabeth Catton The Luminaries

Peter Fitzsimons Eureka: The Unfinished Revolution

Margaret Atwood MaddAddam

Giovanni Boccaccio The Decameron

Philip K Dick A Maze of Death

Philip K Dick Martian Time-Slip

Philip K Dick Minority Report

Laurie Lee Cider with Rosie

Haruki Murakami Underground

:)

Have you read a lot of Margaret Atwood'?  I just got MaddAdam recommended to me yesterday.  I've only just read The Handmaids Tale, but I'd be interested if you liked something in particular.  She'll be out with a series of short stories (Stone Mattress) that I might get, it will be out on the 16th (US).

Have you read a lot of Margaret Atwood'?  I just got MaddAdam recommended to me yesterday.  I've only just read The Handmaids Tale, but I'd be interested if you liked something in particular.  She'll be out with a series of short stories (Stone Mattress) that I might get, it will be out on the 16th (US).

I haven't read as much as I'd like to. I've only read The Handmaid's Tale and Oryx and Crake, both of which I enjoyed enormously.

MaddAddam is actually the third in a trilogy (after Oryx and Crake and The Year of the Flood), but I'm not sure just how closely they relate to each other. Weave is quite an Atwood expert and would be able to give you a better idea of whether MaddAddam can be read as a standalone.

I saw Stone Mattress in the bookshop the other day. It sounds good (like all of her stuff)!

I hope you enjoy your new books, Kylie :D!

Thanks Athena!

I haven't talked to Weave about Atwood, but we do get to the same types of books.  I'm glad to have found a fan- I liked The Handmaids Tale ok, but I've been searching for that one book for me from her that will be my Ah Ha! moment... if that makes sense.  It may be Stone Mattress.  I love short stories.

Would you recommend Oryx and Crake then?

Hello my darling, how are you doing?  :hug:

I'm trying to be better with this, but it seems that as soon as I finish one book, I start another, even though I already have several others on the go. Too many exciting books to read!

That was to Devi, but I just wanted to say, I think that's a clear sign of a great mojo and what would be greater than having a great mojo? :smile2: Just go with the flow! How many books have you read so far this year? Have you already read double the amount you set out to read this year? I bet you have!

Yeah you should check out the Penrith shop. I'll keep an eye out for an English copy for you, too. 

Yeah, I've seen mention of Twin Peaks recently too. But I can't remember what it was about either. I do know there's going to be some sort of Blu-Ray release with lots of extras...and maybe an alternate ending or something? Damn...now I have to look it up...Aha! It looks like there's 90 minutes of extended and deleted scenes from the movie!

Ah, so that's it! I've always thought, when I'm big and all grown-up and have money at my disposal, I will buy the DVD set :cool: 

Yep, I remember finding Backlash. I can see it on my shelf right now.  It's still pretty disorganised, but the last time I went there, a staff member was trying to organise the books, all the while grumbling to a colleague that another colleague kept messing them when she wasn't there. :D

But I thought I was the one who found Backlash at the Salvation Army place :o Now I have to check! (When I was in Australia, I always wrote on the first page of the book the place where I'd gotten it from and the date) Hold on, missy... Yep! 28.10.2010 Salvation Army.

But... Is it possible that you also found a copy of the same book at SA? Because I remember I went there first, alone, and found the book, and then we went together, and you also found something and it was something very particular. Could it have been the very same book? And we marveled at how we both found a copy of the same book in the same place? 

Why would a worker at SA keep messing the bookshelves?!? :D Shame on that person, shaaaaame!! 

Hey, for every book I said 'no' to, you talked me into buying, like, 10 more!! :P

:giggle2: Those were the days.... :lol:

Yep, they did two tapings in one day, so N and I went to both. They were doing a series of seven specials on the seven deadly sins, and we went to 'Envy'. Jason and Marieke weren't in that ep, but they were in the regular ep. N wasn't as fast off the mark as you (I told him all about how you dashed in there in front of the oldies!), but he got us front row seats (at the other end of the row to where you and I were).

Oooh, lucky yous for being able to watch two tapings on one go! :smile2: And I Envy you very much for it. Get it? Envy? =D

Good on N for getting you two front row seats. But hey, why is it always the other person having to fight for good seats, when you just take it easy, missy :P =D

There was a break between the two tapings so we went to get something to eat. N was so slow (he didn't 'get' the urgency to be the first ones into the studio) that we were among the last back in and someone took our seats so we had to sit on the other side, where I learnt that a camera blocks a couple of the speakers. It was still good though.

That's a shame, but still, you got to see the show. And you should've really pushed N and cram it in his head that it was indeed urgent! No worries, I'm sure he's learned the lesson and will know the regime the next time :yes:

Jason was good as always, and Marieke and Jennifer made fun of him again! I can't remember why now, but I think it (again) had to do with the book he was currently reading. I would have sent him your love but I'm too shy, and he wouldn't know who I was talking about anyway because you wouldn't go and introduce yourself to him last time! 

Poor Jason, always reading the 'wrong' books  =D And he's such a good gentleman, never ridiculing them and getting back at them. :wub:

You know, the next time I come to Australia, I will introduce myself, and then all bets are off :P

I can't take N there again though because he took a shine to Jennifer and called her 'the thinking man's crumpet'.  

Oh dear, forget what I said about him having learned the regime for next time. He ain't going! :no::D I've never heard that expression, what does crumpet mean? But I think I get what you're trying to say.

How did he like the show, by the way?

It's on in two weeks. I thought about not going because I've been so good with not buying too many books this year, but I can't stand the thought of missing both book fairs in one year, so I'm going after all. 

:D Of course you need to go! And maybe you'll be really good this year. Maybe if you left the trolley at home, you would have to limit the books you could buy at a time, thus limiting the all-around number of books you can take home with you.

Oh who am I kidding, you'll probably take my trolley, too =D

I hope you have a great time. I can't believe it's been 4 years! I wish I was going with you. It was so amazing!

Elizabeth Catton The Luminaries

I hope you like this one, it's supposed to be good. I really want to read it, too =)

Laurie Lee Cider with Rosie

Hehe I got a copy of this only a few months ago, myself! :) Enjoy!

Giovanni Boccaccio The Decameron

Ooooh, heavy reading! I also have a copy of this but it's in Nurmes, and I'm kind of regretting taking it there :(

Hello my darling, how are you doing?  :hug:

I'm well thanks. I'm getting very excited for the book fair later this week. How are you? :D

That was to Devi, but I just wanted to say, I think that's a clear sign of a great mojo and what would be greater than having a great mojo? :smile2: Just go with the flow! How many books have you read so far this year? Have you already read double the amount you set out to read this year? I bet you have!

According to Goodreads, I've read 40 books this year. That's 10 more than I was hoping to! Nowhere near double, but there is still hope before the end of the year!

Yeah you should check out the Penrith shop. I'll keep an eye out for an English copy for you, too.

I found an ebook of LP's diary online, but if I find a cheap secondhand copy, I'd still like to get it.

But I thought I was the one who found Backlash at the Salvation Army place :o Now I have to check! (When I was in Australia, I always wrote on the first page of the book the place where I'd gotten it from and the date) Hold on, missy... Yep! 28.10.2010 Salvation Army.

But... Is it possible that you also found a copy of the same book at SA? Because I remember I went there first, alone, and found the book, and then we went together, and you also found something and it was something very particular. Could it have been the very same book? And we marveled at how we both found a copy of the same book in the same place?

Hmm, now I'm doubting my memory! But yes, maybe we did find the same book there? I can even picture exactly where it was on the shelf (at the top at the far right end).

And this is just a curious by the way question: we talked about 'list mojo' in my thread and I was just wondering, how up-to-date are you re: your own lists on the first page of your reading log?

It's funny you should ask, because when I posted about list mojo on your thread, I then thought I should check on my own lists, so I ended up doing a bit of updating then, but I still need to fix a few things. As much as I love updating lists and cataloguing/shelving books etc, occasionally I wish I could just wave a wand and get all caught up. I'm forever behind!

And I suppose it's nearly time to start planning our lists for 2015! :o