Chaliepud's 2014 Reading Log

chaliepud

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine being able to read in your sleep would really help with reducing the TBR . . . although I suppose it's not that helpful if you don't remember the book afterwards! :giggle2:

Very true, though maybe that would be the ideal time to read all the books I couldn't finish previously.. 

He is right!  <<hides from forum Whovians>>   :giggle2:

No he is just a wuss, maybe it's a boy thing Steve.....  ;)

*hovers over the ban button*

Hee hee, go Michelle!  :giggle:

Nooooooooo!  :hide:   

Hee hee again! :D

Congrats on your new books, Chaliepud. I hope you enjoy them ! I hope you get some more time for reading soon :(.

Me too Gaia! Thank you. :)

Hahaha!! Oh dear! :giggle:

:giggle2: 

I've never seen a doctor who episode :blush:

I've only seen one of them, so don't feel too bad :hug:.

Dr Who was an integral part of TV when I was growing up here, but I've only watched it sporadically in recent years. I enjoyed the Christopher Ecclestone series and loved the episodes with David Tennant but I couldn't enjoy the Matt Smith ones at all.. 

Guess you need to add that 'other book' that arrived today to your TBR list above... ;) I noticed Nora Roberts on your list...I've never read any of hers...are they chic lit genre or something else.

I just now added The Bay at Midnight, thanks again Diane!

Nora Roberts books are very easy reading, I'm not sure if call them chick lit, or at least not light and fluffy, but they do usually follow a type of woman perhaps in trouble or against men, then meeting a man who she initially doesn't like but ends up with. There is normally a hint or more of threat and/or violence. You'd have to pick and choose them. I like them as they are pretty formulaic, and very easy to read. I would perhaps liken them to Nicholas Sparks type reads.. ;)

I just remembered this morning that I had a Kobo voucher to spend! :smile:  So I bought...

I Will Have What Is Mine - Jane Lythell

Sisterland - Curtis Sittenfield

The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion

Apple Tree Yard - Louise Doughty

:smile:  :readingtwo:  :smile:  :readingtwo:  :smile: 

• 2 weeks later...

But if you get to reading it before me, just don't tell Kylie it was me who told you to read it. She's still miffed I haven't read it yet :giggle:

Yes, she's still miffed.  :7_mad: 

Aw, I can't stay mad at you.  :flowers2:  :giggle2: But I would like to remind that you that I've read three books of your 'must read' list this year already.  :P

I've never heard of the Zusak book :o I wish it had to do with dogs, but it probably doesn't...

Actually, there is a massive dog named The Doorman that appears in at least one of his books (I am the Messenger). Not a main character, but he's there nonetheless.

To weigh in (very late) on the discussion of Patrick Ness's The Monster Calls, I remember the book being very sad, but I must be the only one who didn't cry while reading it (and I'm usually quite a sook). I feel very hard-hearted. :(

• 6 months later...

Chalie, where you been hiding? You've been missed, missy! Are you too busy with Jojo and haven't been doing any reading lately? I hope things are great with you :smile2: Please give cuddles to your doggy posse from me! 

Yes, she's still miffed.  :7_mad:

Aw, I can't stay mad at you.  :flowers2:  :giggle2: But I would like to remind that you that I've read three books of your 'must read' list this year already.  :P

Wohoo for you not being able to stay mad at me! :giggle2: But yes, I know you've read many a 'frankie rec' books this year and I've been hella pleased about that :) I'll try and return the favor once I've settled in Espoo and have my mojo! :blush:

Actually, there is a massive dog named The Doorman that appears in at least one of his books (I am the Messenger). Not a main character, but he's there nonetheless.

How could I have forgotten about The Doorman! I knew about him!! :) And I have the book, too.

• 4 months later...

Gosh, it's been a while since I looked in here, 2014 was a funny old year in many ways, nothing awful, just busy with training and the kids, two of them are now in the GCSE system with one starting Sixth Form in September so we have been in an endless cycle of studying and visiting potential Sixth Form colleges. We lost our old boy Dylan in September which was a big blow for me as he and our old girl Honey, who we lost the year before, had been such a huge part of our lives for 16 years and he was such a darling boy, so sweet and loving and never really any trouble.. Unlike the two hooligan Cattle Dogs we have now, they really keep us on our toes!! I have been looking into getting another dog to join the family, a black boy as I've always always had a black dog, but the time hasn't quite felt right yet and I've not seen the right dog that would fit in well with the other two. It will happen in time I'm sure,

I have managed to read 40 books this year which was ok, a few standouts, I'll try and do the best books of 2014 questionnaire soon so I can recommend a few good books.  I have started to read a few posts and jot down a few recommendations but I'm being cautious as I really do have enough books on my TBR shelves!!

Happy New Year everyone, I'll try and keep up with what's happening on here a bit better this year. :)

:hny:

Thanks Gaia.. I may be in your neck of the woods in April! By your neck of the woods, I mean Holland. My son has a football tour there but not sure if they have finalised where we are staying as yet, Weert was mentioned, wherever that may be but I'm not sure if it has been decided for definite yet. :)