Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2014

Little Pixie

Oh no! Poor kitty :(

I hate having issues with my eyes (i get bad hay fever every year), so I feel for her.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you ever tried putting eyedrops into a cat ?? Not fun.  :hide:

We had to put eyedrops on Boris' eye a while ago, after he had had surgery on it. This took several people because he's so strong. So I can imagine it's hard to put them on your cat's eye. I hope she is doing a bit better, though?

Have you ever tried putting eyedrops into a cat ?? Not fun.  :hide:

I dread to think!  Trying to give Pixie any medicine is a trial - she clamps her jaw shut and fights like a ninja, so I don't even want to contemplate putting drops in her eyes :hide:

Hope it all does the trick and Xiao-Xiao is better soon :smile:

We had to put eyedrops on Boris' eye a while ago, after he had had surgery on it. This took several people because he's so strong. So I can imagine it's hard to put them on your cat's eye. I hope she is doing a bit better, though?

Thanks - there`s very little discharge now, though the eye doesn`t look quite right.  :smile:

I dread to think!  Trying to give Pixie any medicine is a trial - she clamps her jaw shut and fights like a ninja, so I don't even want to contemplate putting drops in her eyes :hide:

Hope it all does the trick and Xiao-Xiao is better soon :smile:

Thanks. She does some heart-rending squeaks when she`s captured for the drops, then hides under the bed for hours. It`s sad, `cos she doesn`t understand we`re being nice to her, by giving her medication.  :doh:

I know, I wish we could make them understand how important it is, for them to get the meds. 

Funny though, I think they do understand some of it.....or maybe it's the soothing talk accompanying the meds.

I did have a cat with conjunctivitis years ago.  What a nightmare.  He eventually had to have surgery on his eyelid.....drops forever, it seemed.  My Aunt was alive then, and it took both of us to accomplish the feat, twice a day. 

For the pills though I have one of those suture things....long, scissor-type tongs, blunt ended, and curved at the end to push the pill down the throat.  Can't trust my fingers in there!  lol

I know, I wish we could make them understand how important it is, for them to get the meds. 

Funny though, I think they do understand some of it.....or maybe it's the soothing talk accompanying the meds.

I did have a cat with conjunctivitis years ago.  What a nightmare.  He eventually had to have surgery on his eyelid.....drops forever, it seemed.  My Aunt was alive then, and it took both of us to accomplish the feat, twice a day. 

For the pills though I have one of those suture things....long, scissor-type tongs, blunt ended, and curved at the end to push the pill down the throat.  Can't trust my fingers in there!  lol

Yikes ! I`m less concerned for my fingers, more concerned that she might pooh or faint - she`s easily stressed, and regularly wees or poohs in her basket on the way to the vet, poor girl. 

I meant to post this too - Pet Psychic.   :D

Edited by Little Pixie

Love the article!  Especially this.....

Thankfully, Buster understands that when absent, we are running “errands in order to keep me in the way I am accustomed”.

:rolol:  Perfect!

Never had a cat poo or pee in that situation, dogs.....yes.  Cats. No. :D

Hope baby is feeling better by now, how's the eye?

Love the article!  Especially this.....

:rolol:  Perfect!

Never had a cat poo or pee in that situation, dogs.....yes.  Cats. No. :D

Hope baby is feeling better by now, how's the eye?

Thanks for asking - she`s stopped squinting now, but it`s difficult to put in eyedrops when someone`s hiding under the bed ! Poor thing, she`s so scared. Hope your little one is recovering well from the abscess.

The PC needs replacing ( the Computer Bloke says we can have it repaired for £100, or a new solid state harddrive for £400 - it`s 4 years old, so a new one seems a better bet... ) back in a week, probably !  :D

Thanks for asking - she`s stopped squinting now, but it`s difficult to put in eyedrops when someone`s hiding under the bed ! Poor thing, she`s so scared. Hope your little one is recovering well from the abscess.

The PC needs replacing ( the Computer Bloke says we can have it repaired for £100, or a new solid state harddrive for £400 - it`s 4 years old, so a new one seems a better bet... ) back in a week, probably !  :D

Oh, misery!  Hope it's sorted soon! :smile:

New PC should be here Friday - phew !  :D

How exciting! I love a new pc feel. Setting up things the way you like, clean desktop etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I`m finally back ( and up to date with what`s been going on  ;)  ) - new PC, new router, new broadband ( BT turned on the super-fast service, so it`s around 9.2 MB now, yay ) and new flooding defences. The builders finished over the weekend ; some repairs and some new stuff. Now just waiting for a metal flood gate and new/more pumps.  :smile:

Hello all, glad to be back.  :D

Julie, love that avatar.  :giggle2:

Books read : 122                        TBR 764              New Books Bought : 167                       Total Cost : £296.67

And now to get up to date. Yikes.  :hide:

Books from the Hospice and Save the Kitties charity shops :

Terry Pratchett - Dodger     £1.50

The Curzon Case, Send for Paul Temple, News of Paul Temple, Send for Paul Temple again, Paul Temple and the Harkdale Robbery - Francis Durbridge - £1 each - really pleased to get these ; I have the CD box set of the  Paul Temple radio plays.

Whispers in the Sand - Barbara Erskine £1

The Dark Heart of Florence - Michele Giuttari     £1

Golden Earrings - Belinda Alexandra     £1

The Maltese Goddess - Lyn Hamilton    £1

The Double Comfort Safari Club - Alexander McCall Smith   £1

Love, Nina - Nina Stibbe    £1

And from Amazon :

Death in a Tenured Position  - Amanda  Cross    £2.81

The River of No Return - Bee Ridgeway  £3.37 

The Valley of Amazement - Amy Tan    £2.81

The Doorbell Rang, The Second Confession , More Deaths than One - Rex Stout    £2.83

The Sonnet Lover - Carol Goodman   £2.81

The English Girl - Daniel Silva   £3.34

Raising Steam - Terry Pratchett   £3.85

The Spellmans Strike Again - Lisa Lutz  £2.80

The Good, the Bad and the Emus - Donna Andrews   £4.83

Nine Lives to Die - Rita Mae Brown   £4.85

A Delicate Truith - John Le Carre , Cockroaches, Police - Jo Nesbo    3 books for £10

Silent Night - Robert B Parker   £3.31

Books read : 122                        TBR 793              New Books Bought : 196                       Total Cost : £354.78

I`m just going to list the books I`ve read, `cos otherwise I`ll spend days doing reviews for books. I`ve starred ones I especially liked. 

123  Louise Pennny - Bury Your Dead *

124   Lisa Lutz - Curse of the Spellmans

125   Lisa Lutz - Revenge of the Spelmans

126   Nancy Atherton - Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince *

127   Janet Evanovich - Plum Spooky

128   Janet Evanovich - Explosive Eighteen

129   Patricia Moyes - Black Widower *

130   Nancy Pickard - IOU

131   Nicholas Freeling - Love in Amsterdam

132   Louise Penny - A Trick of the Light *

133   Tom Holt - Here comes the Sun

134   Erle Stanley Gardner - The case of the Sleepwalker`s Niece 

135   Patricia Moyes - Season of Snow and Sins *

136   Robert B parker - Split Image

137   Louise Penny - The Beautiful Mystery *

138   Georgette Heyer - They found him Dead

139   Barbara Pym - An Academic Quesion

140   Joyce Grenfell - Letters from Aldeburgh *

141   Charlaine Harris - Dead until Dark

142    Carolyn G Hart - Death on Demand

143   Rita Mae Brown - The Litter of the Law *

144   Gladys Mitchell - The Twenty-third man

145   Michael Innes - The Daffodil Afffair

146   Nancy Pickard - But I Wouldn`t want to Die There

147   LM Montgomery - Annne of Green Gables *

148   AJ Orde - Death and the Dogwalker

149   Carol Goodman - Tyhe Night Villa *

150   Patricia Moyes - The Coconut Killings *

151   Donna Leon - Blood from a Stone *

152   Julie Powell - Julie and Julia 

153   Deanna Raybourn - The dark Enquiry  *

154   Gladys Mitchell - Death and the maiden

155   Jeanne M Dams - The Corpse of St James

156   Francis Durbridge - the Curzon case

157   Georgette Heyer - a Blunt Instrument

158   Michele Giuttari - A death in Calabria

159   Erle Stanley Gardner - The case of the Sulky Girl

160   Michael Connolly - The Black Echo *

161   Kathy Reichs - Bones are Forever * 

162   Robert B Parker - The Professional *

163   Patrica Moyes - Angel Death *

164   Elizabeth Jane Howard - The Light years

165   Jeffrrey Steingarten - The man who ate Everything *

166   Jeffrey Steingarten - It Must`ve been something I ate *

167   Charlaine Harris - Shakespeare`s Trollop

168   Charlaine Harris - Shakespeare`s Counsellor

169   Tom Holt - Lucia Triumphant 

170   Simon Brett - The Stabbing in the Stables

171   Andrea Camilleri - The Terracotta Dog   *

172   Robert Ludlum - The Scarlatti Inheritance

Books read : 172                        TBR 793              New Books Bought : 196                       Total Cost : £354.78

Edited by Little Pixie

Oh there you are, I was wondering where you'd got to.  Glad to hear you've got it all sorted now  :smile:

TBR 793              New Books Bought : 196

:giggle2:

I've decided to abandon my statistics next year - they're stopping me from enjoying my reading!  The advantage being that I won't be keeping tabs on my TBR pile anymore  :giggle2:  :D

Well, I`m finally back ( and up to date with what`s been going on  ;)  ) - new PC, new router, new broadband ( BT turned on the super-fast service, so it`s around 9.2 MB now, yay ) and new flooding defences. The builders finished over the weekend ; some repairs and some new stuff. Now just waiting for a metal flood gate and new/more pumps.  :smile:

Hello all, glad to be back.  :D

Welcome back :D! I'm glad your PC issues and internet issues have been sorted. I'm a bit jaleous of the internet speed :P ours is ~1.6 MB. You've done a lot of reading in your absence here!

I hope you enjoy all your new books :D! Have you read many Terry Pratchett books?