Hi Everyone

Sagesmith

Hi Everyone,

I've recently rediscovered my love for reading, both traditional and digital, and found to my surprise that I also love a bit of a crime thriller.

I found this forum via your 'Thrillers' section and have already found a few new (to me) authors who I've taken an interest in.

As far as my favourite authors go I have what is known in the vernacular as 'a mixed bag approach'.

After devouring every single Enid Blyton tale I could lay my hands on as a kid I have developed my own varied tastes in literature.

So among my favourites I would count people like Tom Sharpe, David Lodge, Brett Easton Ellis, Tama Janowitz, Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Ed McBain, James Patterson (average writer but brilliant storyteller), Val McDermid (who has a home in the same village as me), Jay McInerney, Arthur Miller, Jack Kerouac...I could go on forever.

It's nice to be among fellow worshippers of the hallowed page.

I'm a former journalist now earning a crust in PR. I am father to three children and happily married to a lovely wife. I have a huge affinity for the art of videogames, am a fan of non league football, play a Fender Stratocaster and a GIbson SG and really, really want to find enough time to sit down and start writing my own first novel (don't we all).

Thanks for having me.

Hello Sagesmith :welcomeboard:  you sound to have a varied and interesting life! Like you, I have discovered that I like mystery/crime/thrillers a bit late in life, but I read all kinds of things too.Tell us what books you have been reading lately? :readingtwo:

Hello Sagesmith :welcomeboard:  you sound to have a varied and interesting life! Like you, I have discovered that I like mystery/crime/thrillers a bit late in life, but I read all kinds of things too.Tell us what books you have been reading lately? :readingtwo:

Hi gardengirl. I'm currently reading The Black Box by Michael Connelly (and enjoying it immensely). Just finished The Hard Way by Lee Child and I'm about a quarter of the ay through Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. All lovely reads.

Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone.