Trick or Treat

geordie9

Just got back from trick or treating with my 3 little ones, seems to me like theres less and less people out and about as the years go on. Still done well though :smile: . Any1 else on here go out trick or treating and do they dress up and get in the spirit? I just poured a tub of fake blood over my head, looked like a male Carrie.

My kids went out before I got home from work, and came back with a pretty good haul, so they were delighted. We also had 3 lots knock our door, of which the last lot were very good. The little girl was a witch and three boys that had fake blood all over white shirts and white grease paint. I used to be a bit down on Halloween as an imported Americanism, but now I think it's just a bit of fun for the kids.

It's also a good excuse to listen to some Alice Cooper!

just back from trick/treating at my daughter's house [grandson aged 9.] He went out dressed up as a mummy with his Dad [dressed as a demon, but quite a happy looking one.]Got quite a few things in his little bucket. About 20 lots of children came to the door wanting treats, we were running out of them by the end!We had sandwiches and crisps and sausage rolls, and I had made a really huge chocolate cake with 2 layers of buttercream [we felt a bit piggy afterwards.] :giggle:  I noticed that all the children who came to the door had made a real effort in dressing up and were so mega excited by all the fun.When we got back home, our door was wide open [not just unlocked] thought we had been burgled by trick/treaters.... arrrrrgh! But no, it was my fault I had simply left the door open because I went back for something and forgot to close it.... yikes.So it had been open for almost 3 hours, anyone could have walked in, good thing we live in a village. :doh:

We had a lot of kids come to out house for "Trick or Treat". Didn't count them but there were probably between 50 and a 100 (closer to a 100). Most were polite and said thanks and to have a good night. and they all came in a short time span....about 90 minutes.

Edited by muggle not

Xan didn't go trick or treating, but stayed home and handed out the sweeties to the trick or treaters who came to our door. I think next year he'll want to go out though...

Xan went to a Halloween party last weekend, dressed as a wizard, but last night he was a fireman. Josh was pooh Bear. Here are some pics. :)

post-3572-0-21250200-1383293812_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-24844600-1383294572_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-70502000-1383294582_thumb.jpg

Xan is next to the green-faced witch. Hubby carved the pumpkin this year.

All our visitors made a real effort dressing up and we had all ages from about 6 to 14 years old. :)

It was absolutely tipping it down here so there were no trick or treat-ers at all. (There may have been one but by the time I'd figured out the noise could have been a knock at the door there was nobody there!)  So, I have lots of sweets left and I'll have to work my way through them myself.... :giggle2:

• 3 weeks later...