Hello from London

Sernicki

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would make my first post an introduction of myself and to get the ball rolling on this forum.

Name: Andi Sernicki

Job: Nutritionist

I graduated with a first class honours in Human Nutrition last year (A late developer) and following my studies I was very ill with a mystery illness which had me sidelined for 14 months to the extent where I could not read more than two or three pages of a book without feeling ill and dizzy. The last month has seen an improvement in my condition and I am now able to read books again without too many issues. Therefore I have decided to join this forum for the following reasons:

• To extend my reading circle
  • To find out more about the beautiful books in circulation
  • To learn how to critique a book and write a review
  • To meet fantastic people who enjoy reading
  • To continue my long road to recovery

So that is about it in a nutshell and I hope to be a regular contributor to this forum.

Sernicki

Hi Andi

Welcome  ~~

It sounds as if you have found a good group that will fit all the areas you are looking for . There are lots of nice people who enjoy all different types of books ,and who all read at different paces .

What type books do you enjoy most ?  It'll be nice to get to know you better as time goes on . :)

Thanks Julie, in answer to your question about the books I enjoy I would say it is a varied and open ended list. I read a lot of books on classical music, the Morse series by C. Dexter, the Sharpe series by B. Cornwell, SF especially Tad Williams, nutrition books and fad diet books (horror books), classics (Dickens, HG Wells, Conan Doyle), history (Victorian era, Polish history, black history) and graphic novels. My two favorite books are:

• Howard Zinn's " A Peoples History of the United States"
  • "Daughters of Africa" edited by Margaret Busby.

You sound like you'd fit into a lot of areas in here well. There are several sci-fi lovers, and you have such a varied list of books, you'd probably fit into just about every thread .

I think there were some people who mentioned the Sharpe series not long ago if I recall ,and lots of people who read a Classic now and then. In fact, there is a new Challenge group currently being set up that sounds like it will have several Classics involved in the list .

Just take a look around and don't be afraid to post to anyone if you see a book mentioned that you are interested in .

I'm sure you'll fit in well and make some great friends .

Welcome to the forums, Sernicki.

You enjoy a variety of genres :smile: , so you should fit in a lot of threads in the forums.

I hope that you enjoy the forums, and there are so many members who love reading, and love to talk about them! :D

Welcome here :)! You mention some interesting books, I loved Tad William's Otherworld series. I love science-fiction in general (as well as fantasy, contemporary fiction, chick-lit; historical fiction and classics I like too but to a lesser extent.) I hope you enjoy it here.

• 2 weeks later...