Your Book Activity - September 2013

chesilbeach

Wow, September's here already!  Almost the end of summer for us in the northern hemisphere, and looking towards spring for those in the southern (I think?), but will if affect your reading?

What are you currently reading, buying, cataloguing, and enjoying ... or not?  :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton yesterday.  It was OK.  I'm going to try the next one in the series at some point to see if it improves.  

I found that it did improve as I read along the series.  It was only around S is for Silence  it started mucking up for me. So you have a bit to go. :)

I'm currently reading Markus Zusak - The Book Thief, I think I'm about half way through the book. It's quite good so far, though it took me a few pages to get used to the narrative style, at the beginning.

Edited by Athena

I finished another book finally, The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. It was a little simplistic as written from the perspective of an 11 Year old girl (though I would have said she seemed more like 13) but I did actually enjoy it. :)

I have now started Cassandra Clare's City of Ashes.

I've just finished Hammered, and already ordered the next 3 books in the series. Good stuff.

I also got started on Magic Bites. Not sure what to make of it yet, but the premise seems new, at least.

And I'm reading a few pages of Ocean at the End of the Lane here and there. It seems a suspenseful scene, but I'm having a hard time getting back into it.

Great job, Karsa.. it took me so long when I had to read it at school. Maybe I was to young or maybe it's because it was an homework, but I didn't like it. I would like to re read it now though, as an adult.

I finished JR Moehringer's The Tender Bar.. loved it. Also finished the essay on the war in Bosnia.. it was really tough.

I'm 140 pages into The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K.Rowling.Very impressed so far,but as I've never read Harry Potter there's no comparison. Going to collect The Unseen by Katherine Webb from't library later.

Edited by green

I'm still trodding through the hunt for red october. I like it because it gives a lot more detail than in the film, and the descriptions of the cold war is really interesting. at some points it gets a bit too descriptive of various names and military codes etc but I guess it's required for the book!

Currently 74% through The Road and somewhat unsure how I feel about it so far. Will see how it ends but it almost feels like very little has happened throughout. Hoping for a big twist/turn.

Also still reading through The Leadership Challenge, the first 2 chapters were very interesting but the 3rd chapter was far too long too essentially just say, "believe in your own values not somebody else's".

I've started reading Susan Hill - Howards End is on the Landing (paperbook). I've nearly finished Temple Grandin - The Way I See It (Kindle).

I dare you to try and not add any books to wishlist while reading Howards End :giggle2::D

I haven't had much time to read. I'm off to bed soon, hopefully I can get some done tonight.

Haven't been reading much the last several days, just picking at various books.  Still have The Infatuations here, will finish.  I actually quite like it, I'm just, seemingly, in a bit of a reading slump. Life intruding on reading.......:eek::D

Haven't been reading much the last several days, just picking at various books.  Still have The Infatuations here, will finish.  I actually quite like it, I'm just, seemingly, in a bit of a reading slump. Life intruding on reading.......:eek::D

Oh no, i hope I didn't pass on the no mojo virus!

I dare you to try and not add any books to wishlist while reading Howards End :giggle2::D

x

Too late for that already :giggle2:. I think I'm about half way through the book and so far I'm really enjoying it :).

I'm currently reading A Soldier's Tale - M.K. Joseph. i think my mojo is coming back!

x

That's good news!

Haven't been reading much the last several days, just picking at various books.  Still have The Infatuations here, will finish.  I actually quite like it, I'm just, seemingly, in a bit of a reading slump. Life intruding on reading....... :eek::D

x

I hope you won't get into a slump!