Hantering an odöda

Charlotte Bronte

Jane Eyre

Jane Austen

Mansfield Park

Emma

Northanger Abbey

Edited by Carelia

Hi- yes most likely I will try to go and see it, I read it because I saw the trailer and wanted to read the book first ;)

Not sure I will be reading the rest of the books in the series though, but will definitely give the film a go, although I dont think I will get my other half to go with me!

Nice list!

Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson & the Lighnting thief

Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson & the sea of monsters

These are on my wishlist, are they any good? I'm mainly wondering since they're written for a younger audience, if it won't be too simplistic.

Kami Garcia - Beautiful Creatures 

I've heard good things about this but not sure if it'd be my thing, did you like it?

Jenny Colgan - The loveliest chocolate shop in Paris

This is on my TBR, did you like it?

Cassandra Clare - The mortal instruments 1- city of bones

Also on my TBR.

Jenny Colgan - Meet me at the cupcake cafe

On the TBR.

Jo Nesbo

Phantom

The Redbreast

Also on the TBR.

Michael Ende

Momo

I really loved this book when I read it as a child.

George RR Martin

A dance with dragons

I assume you've read the other books in the series? I've read the first two books so far and liked it a lot.

Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson & the Lighnting thief
Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson & the sea of monsters
These are on my wishlist, are they any good? I'm mainly wondering since they're written for a younger audience, if it won't be too simplistic.

mm, they were ok, quite quick and easy to read. I've borrowed the series from my mum, so at some point I will read the rest. Not sure I would have continued if I had had to get the books for myself 

Kami Garcia - Beautiful Creatures 
I've heard good things about this but not sure if it'd be my thing, did you like it?

I liked it, although I'm not in a massive hurry to read the rest of the books yet. I guess it's a typical YA book for the moment, kind of like twillight. A bit predictable I thought.

Jenny Colgan - The loveliest chocolate shop in Paris
This is on my TBR, did you like it?

Yup, really liked this one, I do like a bit of chick lit from time to time to read on the bus home from work, this one was really good - one of the better ones that I've read by Jenny Colgan

Michael Ende
Momo
I really loved this book when I read it as a child.

I read this as a child too! I remember thinking it was really hard to get into but I loved it towards the end. Would really like to read it again to see if it's as good as I remembered and if I would get something different from it reading it as an adult.

George RR Martin
A dance with dragons
I assume you've read the other books in the series? I've read the first two books so far and liked it a lot.

I have indeed - some of the books are better than others. Personally I like the third one best. I think with the 5th one there are so many characters to keep track of and some parts are more boring than others. I am also not wanting to finish it straight away as I know it could take ages before the next one comes out, and I am worried I am gonna forget half the characters and how they relate to eachother at that time.

I was on a bit of a GoT marathon last year when I read the first 3 books nonstop in about 2 months, then I hit the wall a bit with the 4th one...

George RR Martin

A dance with dragons

I have indeed - some of the books are better than others. Personally I like the third one best. I think with the 5th one there are so many characters to keep track of and some parts are more boring than others. I am also not wanting to finish it straight away as I know it could take ages before the next one comes out, and I am worried I am gonna forget half the characters and how they relate to eachother at that time.

I was on a bit of a GoT marathon last year when I read the first 3 books nonstop in about 2 months, then I hit the wall a bit with the 4th one...

Yeah, the third one's great, then it all goes downhill faster than Lindsey Vonn :D

Welcome :smile:

Well, I just finished The Secret Keeper by kate Morton, and I have to say I really liked it.

Although it felt a bit slow to start, it got really addictive towards the end and I am really glad I decided to stick with it.

I am really glad I hadn't read too much about the book beforehand, so I never knew this had a "twist ending" If I had I would have sat the entire time trying to figure out the twist, and most likely succeeded. It was really good having the twist revealed and not having seen it coming, although it did make me feel a bit silly for not doing so