What's Up in August?

Janet

Had to get my eyes tested this morning, and have found out (although I'd already guessed it was probably going to happen :roll:) that I need to have separate glasses for reading,  :reading:  and possibly computer work if I find my eyes are straining, although so far, it's only reading where I've noticed the problem so far.  That means new glasses, and thinking about a complete change of style this time around, at least for my distance glasses, and think I'll go for the react to light lenses that tint in the sunlight.  As my distance glasses won't need changing, I'll have to have a think about whether I need to change the ones I have but haven't made up my mind yet, so will have a proper look at the selection when I go back to order the new ones.  I do have the option of bifocals, but I don't think I'd get on with them at all, so I'm going to have separate reading glasses. Looking forward to getting the reading glasses though, so I won't have to hold the book at arms length to read any more! :D

For the first time also, when I went for the eye test, the optician took a photo of the back of the inside of my eyes - very strange to see it on the screen!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear you need reading glasses. My dad has bifocals, it took him some time to get used to it but once he did he was fine. I don't know if I could get used to it, if I need them when I'm older (and being his daughter there's a high chance I'll need them I guess). I hope you can find some glasses you like, that feel comfortable and look nice. It's always difficult picking new glasses, in my opinion. Most of what's on display here in the Netherlands, I don't like. It's personal of course, fashion and I usually don't get along.

Had to get my eyes tested this morning, and have found out (although I'd already guessed it was probably going to happen :roll:) that I need to have separate glasses for reading,  :reading:  and possibly computer work if I find my eyes are straining, although so far, it's only reading where I've noticed the problem so far.  That means new glasses, and thinking about a complete change of style this time around, at least for my distance glasses, and think I'll go for the react to light lenses that tint in the sunlight.  As my distance glasses won't need changing, I'll have to have a think about whether I need to change the ones I have but haven't made up my mind yet, so will have a proper look at the selection when I go back to order the new ones.  I do have the option of bifocals, but I don't think I'd get on with them at all, so I'm going to have separate reading glasses. Looking forward to getting the reading glasses though, so I won't have to hold the book at arms length to read any more! :D

For the first time also, when I went for the eye test, the optician took a photo of the back of the inside of my eyes - very strange to see it on the screen!

It is difficult to get used to bifocals, but much easier in the long run.  I once tried having separate glasses for far and near sight, but it didn't work well for me.  Now though, I do have a separate pair for the computer. The transition lenses are great!  I had them, and they did get dark enough.