Department 19: Battle Lines by Will Hill
On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Fragments by Dan Wells
Heroic by Phil Earle
Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
Anarchy by James Treadwell
Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider

I definitely haven't read as many as last year but then I've been really busy with various projects and my AS levels this year!

I've heard of some of these and not of others. I own the Oscar Wilde book, though I haven't read it yet (it's part of a big omnibus, I think it's in there at least). Did you like it? What did you think of Cloud Atlas?

Ooh yes, I'd love to know what you thought of Cloud Atlas.  The reviews I've read suggest that it's a book you either love or hate.  I've picked it up in the bookshop a few times, but not got around to actually getting it yet :)

I've heard of some of these and not of others. I own the Oscar Wilde book, though I haven't read it yet (it's part of a big omnibus, I think it's in there at least). Did you like it? What did you think of Cloud Atlas?

Yeah - most of them are YA which is why you probably wouldn't be familiar with them. I enjoyed The Picture of Dorian Gray, particularly the first half. The second is a little drawn out and isn't as fun as the first, which is both good and bad but meant that I didn't enjoy it as much.

As for Cloud Atlas - I loved it. Invariably, one of the 6 narratives will be more enjoyable (for me it was that of Sixsmith in The Letters from Zedeghelm) and catch your individual imagination more, but even as a whole I really enjoyed it. It's worth a read and I haven't met anyone who hasn't enjoyed it! I recently saw the film, too, which I was hoping would be good, and it's certainly well produced but it just doesn't capture the depth of each story. Sort of inevitable, as it's like trying to fit 6 films into one.