Heroes

Nici

I remember seeing Kell and some others discussing this so I thought I would start a little thread.

My sister works for Universal and is responsible for getting anything Universal onto our TV screens and she has told me that she has already supplied the Heroes material to BBC2 and it is due to be shown in the late summer.

They have also requested that it be High Definition and also widescreen picture size so it will look better than Sci-Fi.

Hope this makes you all happy! :)

My hubby says he fears it's a one-trick pony and that season 2 won't be even half as good, but I'm still dying to see it - we just watched episode 16 last night and we'll probably watch another two of them tonight. I'm loving it! I think my favourite character has to be Hiro - he's so sweet and pure of heart like a traditional hero - at least, he's trying to be. I also really feel for Matt Parkman - it must be terrible to hear everyone's thoughts like that.

I noticed a parallel between two of the characters last night -

Peter Petrelli and Sylar basically have the same gift, although they approach it from different angles - Peter absorbs the gifts like a sponge without taking them away from the others, whereas Sylar takes them for himself in the most horrific manner. The end result is the same - two people who can pick up the abilities of the others and use them. I'm expecting a showdown between the two of them...

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed it: I think it'll start off as a slowburner then once the storylines are developed and interweaving, I think it'll become addictive!

First impressions are that I like the blonde woman, and the male nurse is kinda cute! :)

He he, he is kinda cute. And so is the Professor's son, I thought :lol::thud: Wednesday nights are looking up!

It was certainly interesting. And yes I agree the male nurse is pretty cute. Also good to see Greg Grunberg in the show - I love that guy.

Hopefully next week things will pick up a bit as the two episodes last night seemed to be more about introducing the characters and their abilities than anything else.

Also good to see Greg Grunberg in the show - I love that guy.

What's he been in before? I thought I recognised him!

I feel quite sorry for his character - that's one superpower I definitely wouldn't want! (And how grisly was that murder scene?! :thud:

Do you reckon the murdered parents of that little girl were other 'super humans'?

)

First impressions are that I like the blonde woman, and the male nurse is kinda cute! :)

Male nurse - do you mean Peter Petrelli? I thought he was cute in the beginning too, but for some reason, he started twisting his mouth to one side all the time, so that eventually he almost looked like Adam Sandler in Little Nicky, which was kind of off-putting!:lol:

Nikki Sanders was an excellent character, although I'm not sure her "gift" was a "power" per se - more a personality disorder!

I loved Hiro - such a fun character - but I hated how he screws up his face to "concentrate" - it looks like he's trying to have a very difficult poo! :thud:

I think my favourite characters were actually the cheerleader's dad and the baddie - both kinda made the show for me. I also rather fancied the dishy young Dr Suresh!

(See how clever I am not giving anything away to those who are just starting to watch it?)

Another BBC2 viewer here! I watched the opening double-bill and enjoyed it. My favourite characters were the cheerleader, the Japanese teleporting guy and the telepathic cop. Actually, they were all intriguing! Some quite gruesome/cringey moments though -

someone sticking their hand down the waste disposal? And those murders?! Bleurgh!

But... Is it just me or isn't Heroes rather a copy of The 4400? Lots of people who have strange powers, who probably have to stop a catastrophe... Seems familiar. :thud: (I say probably have to stop a catastrophe, as I buy the DVDs of the 4400 and I've only seen the first two seasons.)

And what exactly is wrong with Lost, by the way? It's still excellent, so there! :):lol:

• 2 weeks later...
What's he been in before? I thought I recognised him!

I feel quite sorry for his character - that's one superpower I definitely wouldn't want! (And how grisly was that murder scene?! :D

Do you reckon the murdered parents of that little girl were other 'super humans'?

)

I'm watching on the beeb too! ...although I've just agreed to go out tomorrow night - is it wrong to cancel for tv?

with the girl of the murdered parents, I think he was after the girl, as he went back for her in the prison - she must have powers we are yet to discover I reckon!! - plus, the autopsy seen was gross. gross gross gross!

Lol! No, it's not wrong to cancel for TV, Princess Ponti! Though bear in mind Heroes is repeated late on another night (can't remember which one), so I guess you could still have your night out!

The ending of the last episode made me feel kinda ill. But there again, so did the bit where

Claire was fighting the guy off and the branch went into her neck with a horrible sound. Eww.

I'll still be watching tomorrow though! :D

I really want to like this series, but it's not happening. :) I'm a little intrigued, but I'm not longing for the next one, as I did each week with Lost.

We caught up with 2 episodes last night, and poor Beth ended up having to sleep with us.. it wasn't the gory stuff, which we had been laughing about, but she said she was scared of Syla (or however you spell it!). No more for her.

I'm enjoying it, but finding it quite slow. There seems to be an awful lot of plodding along each episode, interspersed with some exciting/good bits to keep you watching. I wouldn't want to miss an episode, but like Michelle I don't long for the next one like with Lost.

My favourite characters are still the Japanese guy and Claire the cheerleader. I loved the ending of the last episode where

Claire got her revenge on the quarterback by driving the car into the wall!

I can't stand the politician guy though - he bores me rigid.

...I'm loving it. I was only going to watch it at BBC2 pace but this week I just had to switch over and watch the next episode on BBC3.

I'm lovin' it too :D I keep resisting BBC3 tho'! Then again, I'll probably indulge next week as I'll be going on holiday the week after. That's my excuse anyway!

I'm a little intrigued, but I'm not longing for the next one, as I did each week with Lost.

Ah you see, now I can't abide Lost and that's exactly how I felt about that series! :lol: How bizarre!

I loved the ending of the last episode...

Oh I know! How shocking was it?? :) I think it's setting up an interesting issue that I think will begin to emerge...

How the various characters can/could abuse their powers. LIke Claire, even tho' she could do that - should she? (Even if the little b*****d did deserve it! Probably...)

I can't stand the politician guy though - he bores me rigid.

I want to slap him! :D Mind you...

He may not be in it for much longer, judging by the end of last episode! *Gulp* I can't see why 'they' (Claire's dad and the-shady-guy-I-presume-is-Cylar) would take Nikki rather than the politician. She's more interesting for a start!

I really want to like this series, but it's not happening. :lol: I'm a little intrigued, but I'm not longing for the next one, as I did each week with Lost.

I was like this, I watched the first 2 episodes when it was shown on Sci-Fi earlier this year, I just wasn't that interested. All the boys at work loved it and obtained the rest of the series from USA. It's all they talked about for months.

Apparantly it does get much better and I should have stuck at it :)