Hi everyone!

jpmtozer

Hello!

My name is James, I am new to the forums but looking forward to hopefully be taking part in them regularly to get some help on what to read next and share my thoughts and get other peoples opinions on books out there.

I'm not very good with forums, i'm usually really bad at working my way around them and get lost among the pages of topics easily! So I apologise if i post something in the wrong area or my responses aren't very frequent.

But looking forward to get talking to some people enthusiastic about reading and recommending some good books.

Cheers everyone!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Enjoying the forums so far, slowly working my way around them and already worked up a pretty big reading list from other forum users, hope to get to know more about you too Minnie as well as everyone else on here, please anyone feel free to add me as a friend on here or message (because i dont know how to do either!) about anything.

Cheers everyone!

Hi Peacefield, cheers for the welcome!

I haven't read that many books, I made a topic in the reading list a few days ago to try and get some recommendations from other forum users, i had a pretty bad attention span as a kid and probably didn't read as many books as I should have done, so now at 24 I'm going back and reading a lot of old classics and modern classics that I probably should have.

So at the moment it's still early days, but I do enjoy George Orwell, I like the dystopian future genre, I hear Aldous Huxley's Brave New World is a must to read, i'm working my way up to it.

Also been enjoying a lot of Jules Verne and Robert Louis Stevenson, oh and Kurt Vonnegut.

But i'm very much open to reading any kind of book and anything you can suggest! Reading Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the moment and loving it!