FictFact

Timstar

I was wondering if anyone else has used this website?

The sole purpose of it is to keep track of your book series. I know a lot of you will use Goodreads or something similar but I found this one great due to it's simplicity, you just click 'follow' on a series of author and it will add it to your series list.

When you have read one simply click 'read' and it will automatically tell you which is the next in the series with some basic info as well.

I didn't realise how many series I had and want to have til I started. Also tells you when a new series or book in a series on your list is coming out.

www.fictfact.com

I am only promoting it because I find it genuinely helpful and I think others here will as well (they aren't paying me).

Enjoy!

Edited by Janet

:) following, I'm Timstar.

Also if you know of an obscure series that isn't on there you can request it added, I did that with The Phoenix Conspiracy and it was added the next day :D

Following you, but I can't see your books because your account is private? It's ok if you want to keep it private, I just wasn't sure if you knew or not.

Edited by Devi

I've joined as KylieL. I 'followed' a whole bunch of series, but when I click on 'My series', it only shows one (Sookie Stackhouse). When I click on 'View my next books', it shows books from all the series' I've I've followed, so I know they've been added. Does anyone know how I can get them all to show in the 'My series' list?

I've joined as KylieL. I 'followed' a whole bunch of series, but when I click on 'My series', it only shows one (Sookie Stackhouse). When I click on 'View my next books', it shows books from all the series' I've I've followed, so I know they've been added. Does anyone know how I can get them all to show in the 'My series' list?

I think it only shows you the next book in your series, so if you have read the first one for example, click view all/organise on your profile page and click read on which ever ones you have read and the next one should automatically appear. You can also re-arrange them to any order by clicking and dragging. Then on your profile it will show the next 10 books of the series you placed at the top.

To view a whole series just click on the link, or to view all series by a certain author click on their name.

Hope that helps.

Oh, yes, that helps, thanks Tim! Even though I had followed all my series, it only showed Stackhouse because that series was the only one I had marked as read etc. Once I finish going through all the series' and marking which ones I've read, they'll all show on my profile.

It's so easy to use (once I know what I'm doing ;)). You just click 'mark as read' next to the first book of the series and it switches automatically to the next book so you can do the same thing. You don't have to go into each individual book page to make changes. I love it. :) Thanks again for bringing the website to our attention, Tim.

Oh, yes, that helps, thanks Tim! Even though I had followed all my series, it only showed Stackhouse because that series was the only one I had marked as read etc. Once I finish going through all the series' and marking which ones I've read, they'll all show on my profile.

It's so easy to use (once I know what I'm doing ;)). You just click 'mark as read' next to the first book of the series and it switches automatically to the next book so you can do the same thing. You don't have to go into each individual book page to make changes. I love it. :) Thanks again for bringing the website to our attention, Tim.

No worries, that is exactly why I love it, it is so simply, not complicated with tonnes of different options and reviews etc, it doesn't try to sell you things at every turn. I still have a majority of my books at my parents house and have to go and pick up some more every so often so FictFact is great for a quick reference to make sure I get the correct ones.

And mine shows A Dream of Spring as January 2020. :)

I think I'm still doing something 'wrong'. I've edited lots of my series, but they still don't show up in my ALL list on the profile page. When I visit Steve, Devi and Kell's pages, their series' are all listed under ALL, but mine still only shows Sookie Stackhouse, which I'm sure I didn't add any differently to the others. :( I want to have that nifty list that shows at a glance where I am up to with all of my series.

Kylie, steve and kell - does it show me following you guys your end? I click the follow button and it says following, but when I navigate back to it, the button changes back to follow.

I don't seem to be having much luck with websites lately! :giggle2:

Devi, yep, it shows that you are following me. :)

Tim, thanks, but I was hoping to get the page that the others get because it shows the next book as well as a percentage of how far through each series you are.