what was the last show/panto/concert you all were at?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see magician derren brown last night in Glasgow.

Very cool SBW!

The last show I paid to attend was Betontanc: Wrestling Dostoevsky

their blurb is :

This high-velocity dance theater work from the internationally acclaimed Slovenian ensemble tells a compelling tale of love rich with passion and violence, accompanied by a zesty live music performance. Staged

OMG, Scottishbookworm! You've actually MET Derren Brown??? And more than once??? *swoon* I adore the man! I wanted to see his show in Aberdeen, but I had to wait till I was paid and then it was too late. :lol:

The last concert I went to was quite a while ago now - I saw Dream Theater in concert in London after the release of their last album, Octavarium. Dale and I went to both dates in London as they did a different show the second night. The first night they played a selection of greats and stuff from the new album. The second night, they played new stuff and then, in the second half, performed Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd from start to finish - it was AWESOME!

Dale actually got to meet the band, as he won the chance through the fanclub *JEALOUS AS ALL HELL!!!* and got some stuff autographed. We had a whale of a time. We're hoping that they'll have some UK dates later in the year, as they're touring Europe with Symphony X (another band we love) as their special guests. (We're not going to the Download Festival dates though.)

Derren Brown's live show is fab. I saw him last year in April. It was actually my mine and my bf's first date. Lucky you got to meet him!! I agree with you Kell. He's rather nice.

I went to see the Levellers play a couple of weeks ago but had a rotten cold on the day and so didn't enjoy it much. A few weeks before that I went to see the woman in black at the theatre. Great fun. Lots of jumpy bits.

I've just remembered - I've been to the theatre more recently than the DT concert - I went to see a wonderful production of Arsenic and Old Lace last October - the tickets were a birthday present and I went along with my sister. Wayne Sleep played Dr. Einstein and absolutely stole the show!

OMG, Scottishbookworm! You've actually MET Derren Brown??? And more than once??? *swoon* I adore the man! I wanted to see his show in Aberdeen, but I had to wait till I was paid and then it was too late. :lol:

The last concert I went to was quite a while ago now - I saw Dream Theater in concert in London after the release of their last album, Octavarium. Dale and I went to both dates in London as they did a different show the second night. The first night they played a selection of greats and stuff from the new album. The second night, they played new stuff and then, in the second half, performed Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd from start to finish - it was AWESOME!

Dale actually got to meet the band, as he won the chance through the fanclub *JEALOUS AS ALL HELL!!!* and got some stuff autographed. We had a whale of a time. We're hoping that they'll have some UK dates later in the year, as they're touring Europe with Symphony X (another band we love) as their special guests. (We're not going to the Download Festival dates though.)

Yep I've met derren 2 times;) Kell he's lovely to talk to I must tell you that!:);)

I'm sorry you never got to see him, there's always a next time!

Did he really remember you or did he make you think he remembered you :lol:
he really remembered me because when I smiled at him he looked at me and said is your name alison? I said yes it is he said I remember you yes and smiled at me.

he really did remember me.

OMG, Scottishbookworm! You've actually MET Derren Brown??? And more than once??? *swoon* I adore the man! I wanted to see his show in Aberdeen, but I had to wait till I was paid and then it was too late. :sleeping-smiley-009

If you like derren then you should Join one of his fan forums.

I'm already a member I'm known to them as "Derrenfan"

here's the link to it

http://www.derrenbrownfanforum.com/phpbb/index.php

It's a show done at a theatre. they're usually at the theatres around the christmas season.

Okay, thanks! A totally new word for theater for me, and that's always a good thing.

I worked a show in May (just ran a sound system), here's a picture from that show - it's Gamelan and Balinese Dance - thought y'all might be jealous of my cool job, lol.

panto.jpg

hi happyandandy- i've been a fanilow since 1974 and yes i have had my share of abuse from friends and family who refuse to see how magnificient he is... the funny thing is though when ive gone with said friends and family to his shows they all have a great time:D

hi happyandandy- i've been a fanilow since 1974 and yes i have had my share of abuse from friends and family who refuse to see how magnificient he is... the funny thing is though when ive gone with said friends and family to his shows they all have a great time:D

Same here Carm! I have dragged hubby along to one and mum to another and they both loved it. The best time was when I went to the Albert Hall with another fan whom I met at ante natal classes. By the time the concert came we both had v young babies and left our families to it!! And then leaked milk all the way home!! :sleeping-smiley-009

I was at the Crowded House/Peter Gabriel thing in Hyde Park on Saturday. It was very, very wet. Crowded House were great. Peter Gabriel was very boring indeed and insisted on playing what he felt like playing and ignored the fact that there were several tends of thousands of very, very wet people who would have liked to have been entertained.

Last winter my boyfriend and I went to a performance of the Everett Symphony...the concert was called A Night in Vienna and it was mainly waltzes. They were all right, but the cello soloist was awful. :hyper: I had to go for a class at school.