Penny Vincenzi

Has anyone read her book Another Women? I've downloaded the sample of it onto my kindle, but what putting off is its saying its historical book which I'm not that keen on, can anyone tell what year it's set in, I've tried eBay, amazon & such like but can't find anything about the period it was set in.

'Set in 1990s England (and originally published in 1994), this novel features several situations that could only exist in an era without ubiquitous cell phones.'

I found that in a review online, so I believe that answers your question. Doesn't sound too 'historical' to me.

'Set in 1990s England (and originally published in 1994), this novel features several situations that could only exist in an era without ubiquitous cell phones.'

I found that in a review online, so I believe that answers your question. Doesn't sound too 'historical' to me.

t

Thanks Ben, may give it ago then, just I didn't fancy reading it when I saw they put the genure as historical.

Thanks Ben, may give it ago then, just I didn't fancy reading it when I saw they put the genure as historical.

Yeah I understand the trepidition, hopefully this clears things up a little, hope you enjoy the novel.

Edited by Ben

• 1 month later...

I love Penny Vincenzi! Though I have to admit, having read several of her books, there are certain recurring themes. So I try to space them out. So far I've read An Absolute Scandal, The Best of Times, Old Sins, An Outrageous Affair, Another Woman, Wicked Pleasures and The Decision. I still have to read the rest, including the trilogy. Some of them are historical novels, others are contemporary. I realise that your post was made a while ago and that your question has already been answered, having read Another Woman I can verify it's a contemporary story with flashbacks to the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Penny Vincenzi novels. They're great to read when you get bored of reading the same genres over and over again and just fancy a change. I've read many of them. But I think her trilogy about the Lytton's is by far my favourite as it helped me choose the career I want to go into.