Dallas v2

emelee

Anyone saw season 1 of Dallas v2?

I am on episode 6 and I am HOOKED. Didn't think it would be this good. Thought it would be a mockery of the original, like Melrose Place v2.

But I am pleasantly surprised. The new characters work and the plot makes sense. Loving it.

• 5 months later...

I think it can survive without him actually. There are very few tv-series, next to none at all, that is so dependant on one actor that it can't survive without that person. 
It will of course leave a void, but it's certainly is not impossible. IF they decide on a season 3. 

• 1 year later...

After watching the first 5 episodes of season 3, without Larry Hagman in it, I would say that the show can definitely survive without JR. 

Comments after watching almost the first half of s3:

The younger generation has taken over. It's like in the original series when it was Bobby vs JR, and Miss Ellie and Jock had their hands full with their fights and some smaller storylines on their own.

Now, it's Bobby, Ann and Sue Ellen etc who are the Miss Ellie, Jock & Clayton type of characters, having their hands full with the Christopher vs John Ross war.

And Cliff is still on, just having the younger generation do his bidding.

I LOVE the addition of Nicolas Treviño. What a hottie! And the Ryland family continues to entertain. That grandmother!!! What a looney. I kind of feel sorry for Harris, having been raised by her. And then Emma. No wonder they are screwed-up.