Your Book Activity ~ August 2012

Kylie

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 75% of my way through Storm of Swords ~George R R Martin, I'm really enjoying this doorstep of a book there's so much going on, plenty of action and some shocks! (I'm glad I'm reading it on my kindle though, it must be a huge book!) :D

I've also downloaded The Snowman & The Leopard ~Jo Nesbo, Snowman will be my next read. :readingtwo:

I'm about a third of the way through my book, again. I am at the point where I stopped last time, and it's been a few days since I read it, I am starting to think I may never finish it.

I'm 75% of my way through Storm of Swords ~George R R Martin, I'm really enjoying this doorstep of a book there's so much going on, plenty of action and some shocks! (I'm glad I'm reading it on my kindle though, it must be a huge book!) :D

I've also downloaded The Snowman & The Leopard ~Jo Nesbo, Snowman will be my next read. :readingtwo:

A Storm of Swords was probably my favorite book of the series thus far. Enjoy it

Am breezing through The Pickwick Papers - the characters are delightful and seem like the predecessors of those in Wodehouse, and of George and Harris from Three Men In A Boat.

Read a couple more chapters for The Music of the Primes yesterday, so I'm about half way through now. Going to start Hy Brasil by Margaret Elphinstone as well, but it's the last fiction on my TBR now! These two plus a travel book, and I'll be done! :b7ydance:

Read a couple more chapters for The Music of the Primes yesterday, so I'm about half way through now. Going to start Hy Brasil by Margaret Elphinstone as well, but it's the last fiction on my TBR now! These two plus a travel book, and I'll be done! :b7ydance:

Holy heck, chesil, you are soooo reaching zero TBR in no time :D So cool :cool: Great going!

I am pleased to say, I pushed myself through the last of Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? and am now going to start Dark World by Zak Bagans. I might have to keep it for during the day though, as it's about his experiences as a ghost adventurer. I have seen a few things that make me believe they exist.

I might read another book along with it, I was thinking The Art of Racing in the Rain

Edited by Devi

I might read another book along with it, I was thinking The Art of Racing in the Rain

I would definitely recommend this book, it's brilliant!

As foir me, I've finally given up on 'World Without End' by Ken Follett. I managed over 300 pages, but found that the weak characters and plot made this a chore to read.

It didn't help that my copy of 'Catching Fire' by Suzanne Collins arrived on Wednesday and I couldn't help but start reading this. I'm only on chapter 4 of 'Catching Fire', but I'm enjoying it a lot more than 'World Without End'.

I've got several on the go at the moment. Some are re-reads, others are ones I bought and never got around to until now.

Nervous System: Losing my Mind in Literature, but Lars Jensen (memoir)

Natual Order Mage and Mage Guard of Hamor, both part of the Recluce series by L.E. Modesitt Jr. (fantasy)

The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenent, by Stephen Donaldson (fantasy). It's a trilogy that picks up the initial story 10 yeas after the first one ended. What's odd is that the author picked this story up again 20 years after his last book in the original series. These ones are a bit darker than the first ones, but so far I'm enjoying them.

Finished a few books recently:

11.22.63 (Audio) - Stephen King 10/10

Tales of the Dying Earth - Jack Vance 7/10

Stardust - Neil Gaiman 7/10

Books of Blood Vol. 1-3 - Clive Barker 7/10

The Mysterious Island - Jules Verne 7/10

Starting A Crowning Mercy by Bernard Cornwell.

I finished The Paris Wife by Paula McLain and started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

Finished a few books recently:

11.22.63 (Audio) - Stephen King 10/10

Stephen King wrote a book about the day Kennedy was assassinated? I have to go look this up...

Mojo on the go slow again..... :doh: with One Good Turn ~ Kate Atkinson and An Orkney Murder ~ Alanna Knight

... decided to try Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard instead - now that's grabbed me immediately!

Hope you enjoyed it....I might have to reread it again soon.

I would definitely recommend this book, it's brilliant!

Here here! :smile2:

Started The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, and also reading An Idiot Abroad. I have next week off so I'm hoping to get a whole lot of reading done. :boogie:

I hope you enjoy The Thirteenth Tale, I really enjoyed it :smile2:

I've got several on the go at the moment. Some are re-reads, others are ones I bought and never got around to until now.

Nervous System: Losing my Mind in Literature, but Lars Jensen (memoir)

I've got this on my TBR, how are you liking it so far? I'm thinking it's going to be really great :)

Reading more of The Sisters Brothers today.

Started Hy Brasil yesterday. I've actually read half of it about five years for my library reading group, and meant to take it out of the library again to finish it, but never got round to it. I think it was willoyd who reminded me about the author, and decided to download the Kindle version (as it was a large paperback copy at the library and a bit unwieldy). Re-reading from the beginning as I can't remember the detail of what I'd read last time, and four chapters in, and I'm enjoying it all over again. :smile2: