Hello From the Road!

Kgbow

Hey guys.

My name is Kirk and I decided to join this forum as I have now completely fallen in love with books. As a musician I'm constantly on the road headed from one place to another. It wasn't until recently that I was at a service station and found a book on the floor outside. This book was "The Body Farm" by Patrica Cornwell. After the first few chapters I realised I was hooked.

Due to the fact I'm always on the road, I never get a chance to talk to people about the amazing books I'm reading, bar the other members in the band who, apart from one, don't read books. So here we go :)

Kirk

Crime and mystery not usually something I read, but I've just read Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd about a man who is finds himself the prime suspect in a murder and decides to go into hiding by not using his mobile phone, credit cards, etc., and living rough in order to avoid the police, while trying to find out why the man he's accused of killing, was murdered in the first place. Really interesting.

Thanks for that. I have a friend who works at an auction house, they have the largest selection of unwanted books I've ever seen. Came home with a bin bag full of em yesterday. Might make a call to see if that book is there! On the road again Wednesday. Thanks :)

I'm currently just coming to the end of A Game of Thrones and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

Anyway, welcome to BCF. :welcome2:

Hey Kirk, welcome :smile:

Have you tried any Jo Nesbø? Or how about historical crime/mystery writers, like Steven Saylor, Rory Clements, CJ Sansom etc?

A Game of Thrones is a great book - although the series is far from finished so bear that in mind before you start - it's going to be a long wait for the end ;)

Hello guys! :) Thanks for that. Ill be sure to look into those names. Funny you should say about Historical crime writers, we recently performed at a place riddled with people who write that genre, most of them American. Robbert Hicks was one name I remember. Lost for the others, then again, the las's serving food had to be the main attraction...................... :P

Welcome Kirk, I am sure you will have lots to add to our forum, your lifestyle must be interesting. There is a music section, I hope you will tell us more about your music. Read any Science Fiction yet?