Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

The Stone Raft was the first I read, and it's excellent. I read it almost 20 years ago, and it still sticks with me now. Absolutely brilliant.

I will have to get to it soon :)

Edited by Sofia

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Shadow of Night, I enjoyed about two thirds of it but felt the rest was veered away from the story of Diana and Matthew too much, I also felt Matthew was a little dull in this book, although Diana improved as it went on, hopefully the third in the trilogy will restore Matthew to his former glory! Not sure what to read next...

This month I have read, 'Country Pursuits' by Jo Carnegie. 'Confessions of a Working Girl' By Miss S, 'The Devil will Come' by Glenn Cooper, 'Broadmoor Revealed' and I have just started 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larrson.

Lou x

I read The Hammer and the Blade by Paul Kemp, and I'm now reading Star Trek - Typhon Pact - Plague of Night. I'm also going to try to squeeze in a book by a friend of mine, Charles Ryan since it's releasing in about a month and he wants some reviews out there around release time.

You guys sure read fast, and a lot. :D Let see, this month I finished An Angels Game by Carlos, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess and 2 of Doyes Sherlock stories (A Study in Scarlet and Sign of the Four) before I lost my copy on a bus. Now I'm half way through Collected Ghost Stories by M R James but it bored me so I started on Gone With the Wind which was on my mental TBR list for a while now. I've found that I like the account of the war better then Scarlets endless flirting and love live. I've read about 1/3 of it now so I hope she gains some guts and half a brain before the end of the book.

Just joined the forums

Just finished The Ritual by Adam Nevill and today i started Misery by Stephen King (been meaning to read it for about 5 years now :P )

Reading Bared to you by Slyvia Day. I'm kind of in a " what to read next " brain freeze.

I saw that book at work (WH Smith) and all I could do was laugh. I don't know what the content of the book is like, but from the cover, the sticker on the front and the blurb it just looked like one of the most unashamed knock-offs since The Asylum started making mockbusters (e.g. Almighty Thor, The Da Vinci Treasure, Transmorphers, Paranormal Entity).

It's all just so... 50 Shades of Grey. I'm very interested to find out if it reads exactly like 50 Shades or not. I can imagine it might not, as knock-offs just try to look like the product, rather than actually contain anything that seems to bare too much resemblance to the original (Sherlock Holmes, also an Asylum film, is nothing like the Guy Ritchie film released around the same time).

Myself? I'm about halfway through Mockingjay and then will probably move on to reading The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. The title alone intrigued me and reading the blurb sucked me in more. I'll also probably try to read a book I downloaded called Alysa of the Fields. I had no interest in it, but it was free at the time (legally) and I thought I may as well give it a go.

Finished Heat Wave, by Richard Castle - a tie-in to the tv show - and it was good fun, not too demanding. Great bit of escapism (like the show itself :) ). Have started The Coroner's Lunch, by Colin Cotterill. I wouldn't have picked this up, except that it is this month's book for the local reading group - and I'm glad it is, because so far I am enjoying it a lot!

I've abandoned 'Dark Days At Drumshee' by Cora Harrison for now and started reading 'May I have Your Attention Please?' by James Corden. I need a good laugh at moment, and this seems to be doing the trick.

Obsessed with the Olympics at the moment, so have only been reading when I'm out of the house, so am still only half way through The Year of the Death of Ricardo Reis but when I do have chance to read it, it's fantastic! I have listened to a few radio programmes on books and reading and have picked up a few more books for the wishlist from them :roll: