Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

Getting some good reading done of Mr Norrell & Jonathan Strange. Really enjoying it so far - the writing style and the story, and also the fact that I have no idea where it's heading. Haven't met Mr Strange yet but he has been mentioned in dispatches so far.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over a quarter way through Rivers of London and really enjoying it, think I've found another genre I like :)

Forgot to add I downloaded The Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond on my kindle today too!

Edited by madcow

I finished The Technologists by Matthew Pearl late last night. I'll post my thoughts on it sometime this weekend on my book thread.

I also started re-reading the last half of A Discovery of Witches in order to refresh my memory before I start on the newest book in the trilogy that I received last week, Shadow of Night. I'm very excited to see what's happened! :D

I finshed Memoirs of a Geisha, loved it, i've decided to read the next book in the Earth Children series The Shelters of Stone i expect it'll take me to the end of the month to finish now that the school holidays have started.

I bought Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie today. I had some money left on a WHS card that I had for my birthday so it cost the princely sum of 15p! :D I have high hopes for this although goodness knows when I'll get round it it!

Getting some good reading done of Mr Norrell & Jonathan Strange. Really enjoying it so far - the writing style and the story, and also the fact that I have no idea where it's heading. Haven't met Mr Strange yet but he has been mentioned in dispatches so far.

Haha .. I can remember looking out for him all the time .. wondering when he was going to show. All I can say is that when he does show .. it's gets better and better :smile:

I bought Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie today. I had some money left on a WHS card that I had for my birthday so it cost the princely sum of 15p! :D I have high hopes for this although goodness knows when I'll get round it it!

I loved it, Janet. I still remember chuckling out loud while reading it, and is my favourite of his books so far. :)

Just finished Bill Bryson's The Lost Continent :D :D :D and I think I'm going to start ella minnow pea next :smile: Also reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog and it is, at last, starting to make sense to me :cows: .. sort of :blush2:

hoping to finish The Edible Woman tonight

picked up a few at the library:

At Home-Bill Bryson

A short History of Nearly Everything-Bill Bryson

The Snow Child-Eowyn Ivey

A Wolf at the Table-Augusten Burroughs

The Good Daughter-Jasmin Darznik

My boyfriend surprised me with a gift today, a book from bd turned up in my mail in his name. I told him when I spoke to him on the phone earlier tonight, and he said open it, as I did he said surprise! :giggle:

My boyfriend surprised me with a gift today, a book from bd turned up in my mail in his name. I told him when I spoke to him on the phone earlier tonight, and he said open it, as I did he said surprise! :giggle:

That's amazing, a great surprise!

The Wife and I (that still sounds weird) got Kindles as a wedding present, enjoying browsing for books! Will be great for our honeymoon :D

Still minimal reading here. :( I literally only get to read when I go to the bathroom. :( I'm dreaming of escaping to the country somewhere for a week or so - somewhere with no TVs or internet or work to distract me. Just me and my books. :)

I finished Tami Hoag's Deeper than the Dead, not terrible but I did guess the baddie way before the end as its a little formulaic and I have read a few of her books, I think I prefer the earlier ones.

alsp started Jo Nesbo's - Headhunters...would very much like to see the film

I haven't been reading much lately, I've started a few things, Borderliners by Peter Hoeg for one, and today I started A First-Rate Madness by Nassir Ghaemi, it's an interesting book investigating the links between leadership and mental illness. Starts off well.

I did read Redshirts by John Scalzi......what a waste of brain cells that was.