Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

started The Edible Woman-Margaret Atwood

I've had this on my shelf for ages so look forward to hearing what you think of it Sofia :smile:

I finished Jigs & Reels by Joanne Harris i didn't think much of it though, there was only one story i liked. I've decided to read Memoirs of a Geisha Arthur Golden in the hope that it'll pep up my mojo.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this on my shelf for ages so look forward to hearing what you think of it Sofia :smile:

I finished Jigs & Reels by Joanne Harris i didn't think much of it though, there was only one story i liked. I've decided to read Memoirs of a Geisha Arthur Golden in the hope that it'll pep up my mojo.

Good luck with your mojo Kidsmum, if anything can help it's Memoirs of a Geisha.. :)

I finished River of Destiny - Barbara Erskine's latest - last night and am about to start on William Ryan's second thriller, The Bloody Meadow (another one set in Stalin Russia in the 30s).

Couldn't concentrate on my book at lunchtime, and ended up reading about 15 pages before giving up and wasting my lunch hour :(

15 pages is not to be sniffed at Claire :D though I'm sorry you couldn't concentrate :empathy:

I am getting into Girl Reading though it's a set of short stories which I wasn't expecting (you don't expect me to properly read the blurb before buying do you? :D) Consequently, I was just getting into the story and working out who was who and what was what when it ended *sad face* (I can't find it .. where has sad face gone?)

Woohoo .. glad you enjoyed The Snow Child chalie :smile:

So far I have (pardon the pun) raced through 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein and I'm absolutely loving it. I've got some time to kill in a hospital waiting room this morning, so I'm probably going to finish this today.

'Memoirs of a Geisha' is one of my favourite books! Hopefully that will restore your mojo.

I've decided to read Memoirs of a Geisha Arthur Golden in the hope that it'll pep up my mojo.

One of my favourites - hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

Speaking of enjoying books, I am REALLY enjoying Shawn Levy's biography of Paul Newman.

So far I have (pardon the pun) raced through 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein and I'm absolutely loving it. I've got some time to kill in a hospital waiting room this morning, so I'm probably going to finish this today.

I loved this too :) I think everyone who has read it from this forum seems to have enjoyed it a lot.

Enjoying Tell-Tale by Sam Hayes.....intriguing...not sure where it is going to go, but lots of plots in the making I think.

I loved this too :) I think everyone who has read it from this forum seems to have enjoyed it a lot.

I've literally just finished 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein and I absolutely loved it! It's probably the best book I've read this year.

Now I'm about to start reading 'Dark Days at Drumshee' by Cora Harrison. Even though this is an Irish children's book, a friend recommended that I read this. So I'm giving it a go.

Enjoying Tell-Tale by Sam Hayes.....intriguing...not sure where it is going to go, but lots of plots in the making I think.

I love Sam Hayes' books, not read a bad one yet :)

I have finished Untying The Knot by Linda Gillard, what can I say but FAB! Her books have really helped my mojo to come back to me :) I mean 2 books in about a week!!!!! unheard of for me this year lol

I also read the 1st chapter of 50 shades of grey - and that is as far as I will go! Plus just finished the 1st chapter of Rivers Of London by Ben Aaronovitch and think I may just have to indulge myself and read the series :)

Will be starting A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness tonight (this might take me a while it's huge!)

Edited by madcow

I also read the 1st chapter of 50 shades of grey - and that is as far as I will go!

In that you've abandoned it MC?

Plus just finished the 1st chapter of Rivers Of London by Ben Aaronovitch and think I may just have to indulge myself and read the series :)

I'm on the second book now and it's just as riveting but I'm not really giving it enough time as have other books on the go too. I need to devote more time to it .. it's certainly worth it.

Finished The Statement by Brian Moore last night. Interesting. A bit of old hat in a way, but nicely done, with a bit of a different ending.

I've literally just finished 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein and I absolutely loved it! It's probably the best book I've read this year.

Really glad you enjoyed it. :boogie: It's a lovely story, but there's also little bits of philosophical wisdom in there too.

Will be starting A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness tonight (this might take me a while it's huge!)

I have this one on my TBR list, but I think I'll borrow it rather than buy it. A bit hesitant whether I'll like it or not.

In that you've abandoned it MC?

I'm on the second book now and it's just as riveting but I'm not really giving it enough time as have other books on the go too. I need to devote more time to it .. it's certainly worth it.

I downloaded a sample on my kindle of both 50 shades of grey and rivers of London, the first one just read like a child had written it and didn't grab my attention so I refuse to spend money on it and read it, plus friends who have indulged all say it's pants lol. The second one sparked an interest so I have bought it to read on my kindle :)

Not started ADOW yet as I was in bed early last night with a headache, I'm sure it must be the weather :(

Half way through the 4th Belgariad Book and really enjoying it! Also started the 1st volume of The Books of Blood by Clive Barker and Tales of the Dying Earth by Jack Vance.

I have given up on Banquet for the Damned after 150 pages as I just couldn't get in to it, I might give it another go next week but we'll see.

Edited by Timstar

I finished Mercury Falls last night, but because I missed a few vital bits in the middle, ended up racing through to the end without taking it all in. :rolleyes:

I've started Argleton by Suw Charman-Anderson, and will probably finish it today, as it's a very short book.

I finished The Snow Leopard last night, and have just got Human Traces down off the shelf to start today. Are you happy now, chaliepud? ;)

Very happy... Hope you love it as much as I did, or even just like it at all!!! :D