Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

Another month, another book!

I've read a little more of We, and I started reading The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends Changing the World, One Correction at a Time by Jeff Deck and Benjamin D Herson.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trundling on with A Game of Thrones. According to my Kindle I'm 75% through, and it's great so far.

i'm so behind on my book reviews, I'm now five behind :(

I read two books over the weekend on my kindle, Just a Kid, a Guard at the Nuremberg Trials by Emilio DiPalma and also Before and Gone by J. M. Pierce. I'm now reading Magical quotes and Words of Wisdom from Harry Potter by Samuel Penny.

I also downloaded two freebies, Classic Ghost Stories and Charlie MacCready The Ghost in the Attic by James McCracken.

I am about 1/4 of the way through Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada. I don't see this one being a quick read.

But it'll be worth it. I'm not easily given to hyperbole, but Alone in Berlin was one of the best, most gripping, most powerful novels I've read in a long, long time.

This is waiting patiently on my book shelf, waiting for the day when I stop reading my current nonsense, and actually start reading for real again. Very glad to hear it is such a good read. :smile:

But it'll be worth it. I'm not easily given to hyperbole, but Alone in Berlin was one of the best, most gripping, most powerful novels I've read in a long, long time.

No doubt it will, I am really enjoying it so far.

I'm still with Cloudstreet - had hoped to complete it before July 1 - ready for the reading circle - but have been snowed in with work.

Hope to complete it soon.

Absolutely agree, well worth the read.

Just finished Torn, a YA book by David Massey due to be released in early August, I thought it was excellent for a first book, it enlightened me on events in Afghanistan, it made me think and kept me hooked until the last page, definitely one I will be encouraging my children to read.. :)

I'm still reading Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? and love it so far!

Started to read some more of The Hare With The Amber Eyes during my lunchbreak, only to realise that I'd been so tired when I started it yesterday that I hadn't taken in any of the previous 20 pages and had to re-read them!

Finished A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and although I was extremely tempted to immediately start the next book in the series - A Clash of Kings - I decided to rein in my enthusiasm and start my next review book for the board: Sworn Secret by Amanda Jennings.

Finished A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and although I was extremely tempted to immediately start the next book in the series - A Clash of Kings - I decided to rein in my enthusiasm and start my next review book for the board: Sworn Secret by Amanda Jennings.

I read A Game of Thrones recently (after much persuasion by my son as the series are his favourite books ever!) I enjoyed it very much :smile: I've read A Clash of Kings as well now. Hope you enjoy the next book as much when you get to it Ben.

I've just finished Double Dexter and loved every minute of it! It's one of my favourites, roll on the next Dexter book. :D

I'll be reading The Snowflower and the secret Fan next, recommended by a friend.

I've just finished Double Dexter and loved every minute of it! It's one of my favourites, roll on the next Dexter book. :D

Hip hip hurrah!!! :D

I've started reading Cloudstreet but I have to say, I haven't been able to get into the story :( Does it pick up anytime soon?

Instead, continued reading What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami.

Started to read some more of The Hare With The Amber Eyes during my lunchbreak, only to realise that I'd been so tired when I started it yesterday that I hadn't taken in any of the previous 20 pages and had to re-read them!

I do it a lot ... so frustrating. Sometimes I can read a few pages before realising that my head is somewhere else entirely picking out titles for my Lovefilm list or something :o What I find strange is that I actually turn pages even though I haven't taken one word in ... I never knew I could multi-task :D

Me and The Snow Child are liking each other greatly :D

I'm over half way through The Glass Guardian and loving it, Linda Gillard is a fantastic author I have loved all of her books :)

Got a lovely surprise in the post today....thanks to Michelle's competition I am now the proud owner of Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. It's huge!

I've decided to get the first book A Discovery of Witches and read them in order, if the first book is as big as the second it may take me a while!!!!

I haven't read a single book since I finished Gibbon in February. I've tried picking up several books but nothing worked for me. I'm going to try sit through an entire nonfiction book, read a hundred pages every day and see if it works.

The book I'm reading is called Dresden : Tuesday 13 February 1945 by Frederick Taylor.

I'm over half way through The Glass Guardian and loving it, Linda Gillard is a fantastic author I have loved all of her books :)

Got a lovely surprise in the post today....thanks to Michelle's competition I am now the proud owner of Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. It's huge!

I've decided to get the first book A Discovery of Witches and read them in order, if the first book is as big as the second it may take me a while!!!!

ADoW is big too but it's soooo good you'll whizz through it!! I can't wait for Shadow of Night, I will drop EVERYTHING when it arrives!! :smile:

I finished Ordinary Thunderstorms last night, and today I started The Hare With Amber Eyes.

The Hare with Amber Eyes is another book on my TBR shelf, I'll watch out for a review! :smile:

Me and The Snow Child are liking each other greatly :D

You've made me pick up my copy poppyshake, i started it last night so I'm only a couple of chapters in but the writing style is lovely... :smile:

Someone from my book group recommended that to me too, so I'll be interested to hear what you think of it pipread :)

I haven't read that much yet (about 10%) but it gripped me and pulled me in from the first page! :readingtwo: