Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 100 pages left on The Book Thief. I'm kind of dreading it because I know what happens. :hide:

Ah. Such a marvellous book, but one that's so, so sad.

I finished Room, what a great read I couldn't put it down.

Noticed a flurry of good comments about this one. I'm not sure why, but since I bought it last year I've never fancied picking it up and giving it a go. I guess with such great comments and reviews I should probably at least give it a go.

Good reading day for me so far today. I've finished To Kill a Mockingbird which was excellent, and I have read a good 100 pages or so of my review book from Quercus - If You're Reading This I'm Already Dead by Andrew Nicoll. It's such an odd story, and that combined with it being written in a very witty fashion is making it thoroughly enjoyable so far.

Finished Edward Wilson's vietnam war novel,A River In May,and started The Horse Witch by Sheila Fulton,set in iron-age Scotland.

Finished The Blue World by Jack Vance, really enjoyable read!

Started The Alloy of Law (Mistborn) by Brandon Sanderson.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the Mistborn book, I have it on my shelf, but haven't the urge to pick it up yet.

Half way through Apartment 16 and had to sleep with the light on! I am well impressed with Adam Neill's writing ability, he transforms me into a warped, weird world which is not only believable but creepy as hell! Needless to say I am now a huge fan!

Andie P x

Finished A Pale View of Hills which I really enjoyed, although probably not your cup of tea if you only like clearly defined endings!

I've now started Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. I'm only about 20 pages in but it's not grabbing me yet so I'm devoting more time to chunks of All Hell Let Loose.

It certainly was a great read :smile:

I recently read The sealed letter also by Emma Donoghue, quite different to The Room, but it was good! yesterday I was given Slammerkin written by her as well :readingtwo:

I was checking out her other stuff on Amazon & I thought Slammerkin sounded good, I'll look out for your review Pipread

Noticed a flurry of good comments about this one. I'm not sure why, but since I bought it last year I've never fancied picking it up and giving it a go. I guess with such great comments and reviews I should probably at least give it a go.

I couldn't put it down once I got into it in fact if I didn't have to get up with the kids in the morning I'd have probably read it in one sitting.

Good reading day for me so far today. I've finished To Kill a Mockingbird which was excellent, and I have read a good 100 pages or so of my review book from Quercus - If You're Reading This I'm Already Dead by Andrew Nicoll. It's such an odd story, and that combined with it being written in a very witty fashion is making it thoroughly enjoyable so far.

I knew you'd like it Ben :smile: I can't imagine anyone not thinking it was a great read

Still reading Raffles but I'm also re reading a book I read a few years ago Emotional Clearing by John Ruskan

Edited by Kidsmum

I finished Spy Glass late last night. It was a good story, it was good to see Opal finally using her head a bit. I think there is potential for another book, there is certainly an opening but I personally think here would be a good ending point - Opal gets on my nerves a bit. ;)

I'm making slow but steady progress wtih The Six Wives of Henry VIII, by Alison Weir. It's fascinating and very readable, but so densely packed with information that I have to read it quite slowly.

Oh dear I have started yet another book......hoorah, enjoying it so far. Can you tell I chose it for th 'chocolate' :giggle2: content....

'Friends, Lovers, Chocolate' by Alexander McCall Smith

Edited by Inver

I'm slowly creeping to 100 books in my TBR pile, I think I might just go and :hide: my wallet now :giggle:

Edited by Devi

I'm currently at 373 + 3 new books today, oops!

I finished reading Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill and have started Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.

I also downloaded a trilogy for my kindle

Dragon Town, Snapdragon City and Freak City by Tom Lichtenberg. This series sounds really good and the best part is that it was free!

I'm at 213, achievable as I'm planning on reducing it massively by donating/giving away a lot of books that I just know I won't ever read, sometime in the future, but I doubt I'll ever get it entirely down.

Today I finished If You're Reading This, I'm Already Dead by Andrew Nicoll - review here if anyone's interested. I've also made a start on Catch-22 and although I was warned to give it a fair go, that's not going to be an issue. I'm enjoying it already and I'm only about twenty pages in.

Edited by Ben

About 60 of my TBR is on the iPad so that's ok. It's the paperbacks I must reduce before I move in September. At that point I guess I'll dump a lot of them, especially any classics I can download for free.