Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 18

Janet

I'm 20 pages into Red Dog, it's a short book so I should finish it today or tomorrow.. Good so far! :)

Hehe, no doubt about it! Looking forward to the review :smile2: Are there any pics in your copy?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Red Dog, what a fantastic little book (and a fantastic Red Dog!) :D

Now onto Ian McEwan's Enduring Love, not something I would normally pick up but it was a birthday present from a friend so I'm going to give it a go... :)

Shutter Islands gets a lot of knocks but I liked it and DiCaprio....loved Inception....we wont mention Revolutionary Road....and um....am I the only one that remembers him in the tv show Growing Pains.....?

I didn't see RR, wondered about it, but wasn't really drawn to it. Was he on Growing Pains?? I didn't watch it too much, I thought that was the one with Michael J. Fox.

Yeah, loved Inception, must rewatch the DVD...we went to see it at the theatre twice, just to make sure we had the continuity down pat.

:D it is on my lovefilm list.

Our work is done. :D

Bought a few books this afternoon,

Dark Shadows, Angelique's Descent by Lara Parker (who, btw, is the actress that played Angelique in the TV series/soap opera)

Washington, D.C by Gore Vidal

Shiloh by Shelby Foote

Edited by pontalba

I'm reading the third book in the Glass series/trilogy (I'm not sure which it is) Spy Glass by Maria V Synder. I quite liked the other two I've read and I loved the Study books Poison, Magic and Fire - eventhough I read those three out of order they were great.

Yep, it's a cute little vintage copy with some lovely red, black and white illustrations, a keeper for sure.. :)

Finished Red Dog, what a fantastic little book (and a fantastic Red Dog!) :D

I'm happy you enjoyed it, although I think it was obvious that you would :D Do you think you'll watch the movie, eventhough the dog is a Kelpie? :giggle:

Edit: I read about 70 pages of Shutter Island in bed last night. Hoping to finish today! If not on the bus, then maybe on my sunny balcony back in Joensuu :smile2:

I'm happy you enjoyed it, although I think it was obvious that you would :D Do you think you'll watch the movie, eventhough the dog is a Kelpie? :giggle:

I'm sure I will when it comes onto Sky here, although I'll need a box of tissues handy! The only thing that confused me was the fact that Australians called redheads Blueys???!!! :huh:

I'm sure I will when it comes onto Sky here, although I'll need a box of tissues handy! The only thing that confused me was the fact that Australians called redheads Blueys???!!! :huh:

A box, or a dozen! :giggle: That's odd about the Aussie terms. I hope one of our Australian friends can do some explaining!!

It's just an ironic thing. :) Call 'em the opposite of what they are. A tall person becomes 'shorty' and an overweight person becomes 'slim'.

I started dipping into Literary Trivia today.

I finished Room, what a great read I couldn't put it down. Next I'm going to read Raffles E.W. Hornung I read it years ago & I remember really enjoying it though I've forgotten most of the details of the story :smile:

It's just an ironic thing. :) Call 'em the opposite of what they are. A tall person becomes 'shorty' and an overweight person becomes 'slim'.

You Aussies are so clever :D And no, that was not me calling you the opposite of what you are :lol:

I started dipping into Literary Trivia today.

Hehe, I wonder why :giggle2:

About 100 pages left on The Book Thief. I'm kind of dreading it because I know what happens. :hide:

Good luck with the last 100 pages :empathy:

I finished Room, what a great read I couldn't put it down.

It's very unputdownable indeed! :yes:

I came home a few hours ago and found a book package from Devi! Thank you very much :flowers2:

I also have a package card saying I have a big 'letter' in the mail and I can go and get it tomorrow. I'm assuming it's from chesilbeach :smile2: I can't wait for tomorrow!!

Have now started The Good Earth by Pearl Buck.

That's one of my favourite reads. Hope you like it too.

Have you read any other books by Buck?

I finished Room, what a great read I couldn't put it down.. . . . . . .

It certainly was a great read :smile:

I recently read The sealed letter also by Emma Donoghue, quite different to The Room, but it was good! yesterday I was given Slammerkin written by her as well :readingtwo:

I was also given The Prince of Mist ~ Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Edited by pipread

Read another 35 pages or so of 'The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay' on the tube this morning, whilst listening to Amplifier's 'The Octopus'. I don't know how my eyes and ears handled so much awesomeness at 6:30 on a Monday morning :wacko::lol:

Finished Adventures in a TV Nation, by Michael Moore. Really enjoyed it.

Have now started The Six Wives of Henry VIII, by Alison Weir, which looks to be an interesting read :)

Edited by Ruth

Have now started The Six Wives of Henry VIII, by Alison Weir, which looks to be an interesting read :)

Ooh, I was looking at that recently. Please let me know what it's like, Ruth :D

Got a few more books today.

I am Legend - Richard Matheson

Snuff - Chuck Palahniuk

Fallen Angels - Bernard Cornwell

That TBR pile's growing fast!

Ooh, I was looking at that recently. Please let me know what it's like, Ruth :D

Will do :) I have read Alison Weir before, and find her to be very readable (extra-important in non-fiction, I think) :)

In my absence I finally(!) finished A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson--review posted tomorrow.

Today I read 21 pages of a study related book Crime, Criminality and Criminal Justice by Rob White. Hoping to find some time for leisure reading tomorrow...well, one can hope!