Game of Thrones - Season 2

Timstar

Has anyone been watching it? really good so far, lots of new characters to enjoy. Can see why the second book is called A Clash of Kings.

Some series suffer with so many simultaneous story lines at once, rare that you enjoy all of them but all of them are interesting in GoT.

Want to see lots more of Daenerys and co.

What are your thoughts?

I was really looking forward to the series getting to Dragonstone and the Iron Islands. Loved the casting of Balon Greyjoy and his daughter Asha (whose name they've changed in the series, to what I can't remember). I'm not sure Alfie Allen is good enough to pull off Theon's storyline, though, but time will tell.

Hoping we'll meet Damphair soon!

Not convinced about the casting of Stannis and Melisandre, either, but they haven't had much to do yet (apart from shag each other on that rather uncomfortable looking table). I thought Liam Cunningham would have been brilliant as Stannis, but he's already won me over as Davos, even though I always imagined the character being a bit younger.

Tyrion and Arya are still the stars of the show for me (as they were in the book). Loved her "then I'll never get to insult anybody" line :D

I do wonder if people who haven't read the books will stick with it. Two episodes in and it's been all talk and very little action, the price of adapting such wordy source material, I suppose. Could do without the LIttlefinger brothel scenes - the wiping of the mouth last night was outrageous! :lol:

I have not read the second book yet, but after this season is over I'm gonna go through them all. I do love Tyrion and Arya.

I know what you mean about Stannis and Melisandre, I am not too keen on them at the moment but I'm sure their characters will improve.

Don't know if you've received your copy of A Dance with Dragons from the Book Depository yet, Timstar, but mine arrived today and it is indeed the full book in one volume, and at the old smaller size to match the others in the series I already had. And, contrary to what I thought, it's actually a UK edition, released just a couple of weeks later than the two volume edition. I bet the people who paid £8.99 twice for the two volume version are seriously peed off about that! What an absolutely shameless con by the publishers.

Got my copy today, it was the right one! Bit of a tome lol.

Just a bit! Kind of wishing I hadn't bought it now, especially seeing as I've got the dreadfully formatted Kindle version anyway :rolleyes:

They seem to have forgotten line breaks when a different character starts talking. It led to much confusion when I was reading it :rolleyes:

Talking of confusion, The Book Depository seems to have sent me two copies of ADwD, as another one has turned up today :doh:

Episode one was great, but I thought episode 2 was a bit "all over the place" jumping about with only little bits here and there, so I didn't really get into that one so much. Episode 3 was great though. I can hardly wait to see where this season goes - I've not read any of the books yet, so it will all be a complete surprise to me. I have the first book on my shelf, waiting to be read, and hope to get to it very soon!

Episode one was great, but I thought episode 2 was a bit "all over the place" jumping about with only little bits here and there, so I didn't really get into that one so much. Episode 3 was great though. I can hardly wait to see where this season goes - I've not read any of the books yet, so it will all be a complete surprise to me. I have the first book on my shelf, waiting to be read, and hope to get to it very soon!

I own all of them at the moment, read the first, but I'm gonna wait til the season is over then read them all.

Edited by Timstar

I thought it was the best episode of the season so far. Could have done without the scene with Joffrey and the prostitutes, tbh, but the rest was excellent. I thought the last scene was fantastic, I'd been waiting for it to happen. Not sure why it's bizarre - it's a fantasy series after all, got to expect some weird stuff sooner or later ;):D

Funny how they seem so reluctant to show the dragons. I guess all this week's budget went on the Shadowbaby scene.

Quite happy at some of the stuff they cut out, too. The way the first three episodes had been so exposition heavy I thought they were getting bogged down, but some good choices about what not to include meant they finally got all the main storylines moving.

I'm sure Pyke was shown on the map in the opening credits, but none of the episode took place there, did it? Strange mistake, if so.

Edited by Karsa Orlong