Dream Makers by Nora Roberts

Kate

dream-makers.jpg

Waterstones Synopsis:

"Untamed": Jo Wilder was certain her charming new boss, Keane Prescott, imperilled everything she cared for, but she couldn't deny the attraction between them. Though Keane's kisses left her breathless, it was his tenderness that threatened to tame her heart...

"Less of a Stranger": Confident and arrogant, David Katcherton swept into Megan Miller's life and awakened feelings that had long been lying dormant. But she wasn't about to fall for this irresistible stranger who was after her grandfather's business, despite the passion Katch aroused within her...

This is two books in one - both romantic short stories, and both I really enjoyed. This is the second Nora Roberts book I've read, and again I finished the book feeling satisfied. The first short story is called "Untamed" and it is based in the circus. The owner has just died and left the circus to his son, whom he had had no contact with for most of the son Keane's life. Jo, the protagonist is worried that Keane will sell the circus and has disliked him since before his Dad's death. Yet things change when she meets him. The chemistry is instant and distracting... The second story is called "Less of a Stranger" and is shorter than Untamed. The feature of this novel is a fairground. Megan has grown up with her grandfather, who owns the fairground. She is worried when a stranger - Katch comes along and tries to buy it. Although the fairground is only just making a profit, Megan does not want to see it go. Along with that, Katch is determined not only to have the fairground, he is determined to have Megan too; and she is finding it hard to resist falling for him...

If you like chick-lit and quick-reads than this book is for you. Both of these stories were good and I enjoyed them both immensely. I probably preferred Untamed more as it was a bit longer so I felt I engaged with the characters more. However, both were very good. They were predictable but I didn't mind that. And I liked how they had unusual settings for romance novels. I loved reading about the circus and the lions in Untamed, and reading the descriptions of the fairground was lovely too. One of my favourite parts was when Katch and Megan were on top of the Ferris wheel looking down at the fun and lights below.

I liked both Jo and Megan. They were determined and prepared to stand up for what they believed in and what they felt was right. I loved the affection they had for others, such as Megan for her grandfather, and I enjoyed reading how they pursued what was right. I liked the outcomes for both them too. I found them likeable and believabl.

These were not hard to read. I was hooked from the beginning and enjoyed both stories. Roberts wrote wonderful characters and although the outcomes were not a surprise I liked how she picked original settings, making a great story. This was not a let down and I would highly recommend this book.

4/5

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this

I have only read one of Nora Roberts Books, 'Rivers End', I am now hooked on her books, I have a voucher from WH Smith for £5 off when you spend £12, I am going to buy two of her books this week.I have High Noon also to read, not started it yet, will do tonight or tomorrow.