48. Brilliant Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Dr Stephen Briers

49. Man’s Search For Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl

50. Fiona Range – Mary McGarry Morris

51. The Magic Circle – Katherine Neville

52. Frankenstein Dead and Alive - Dean Koontz

December

53. The Outsider - Albert Camus

Edited by Piper

Thanks Adam when I get to grips with all this I will :lol:. For the last few years i've just kept a list (database on pc :lol:) of books i've read with just a comment by them such as excellent, very good, disappointing etc but would like to try and share some more thoughts in the future.

One thing that does strike me is how many books are on my TBR pile :blush:. I have only bought 5 new fiction books in the last 18 months as I have been making myself go to the library instead. Think I will seriously have to tackle this TBR pile though, there could be some real gems in there i'm missing ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Well i've finally finished this and have to say I am a little disappointed. I've read nearly all the Inspector Banks series and this is one of the weakest so far. I just didn't buy that Banks would keep on for so long about an apparently open and shut case, with so little evidence to the contrary. At times I felt it was almost Banks wants to be 007 and the

terrorist

incident towards the end of the book just doesn't really fit in. Overall if this was the first of Peter Robinson's books i'd read it would be my last but he can do a lot better so I will stick with him :lol:. Only 5 out of 10 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated my TBR and wishlist :irked:

I got Stephen King's Cell from the library this week and made me realise it is only the 3rd (I think) of his books I have read. So eager to plug this gap in my reading :lol: can anyone recommend any of his books? The ones i've read so far are The Stand and Misery and enjoyed both of them.

You must read IT, Salem's Lot, Carrie, The Dark Tower series and Needful Things too or Eyes Of The Dragon for something King that's a bit different :irked: Looking forward to seeing what you think of Cell.

You must read IT, Salem's Lot, Carrie, The Dark Tower series and Needful Things too or Eyes Of The Dragon for something King that's a bit different :D Looking forward to seeing what you think of Cell.

Thanks for that ScarletBella :blush:. Sounds like I have missed quite a lot, will be seeking these out in the library asap :D.

Thanks for that ScarletBella :D. Sounds like I have missed quite a lot, will be seeking these out in the library asap :D.

No problem, hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read and sing out if you need more titles as there's plenty more :blush:

• 2 months later...

Well we are just in to December and I am still 8 books away from my goal :D

I did read a couple of books recently from my long held TBR pile and one in particular (The Magic Circle) was a big disappointment! I realised I actually bought this book 8 years ago but have only just got to it and it did not live up to the hype. Never mind, plenty more gems to be found i'm sure.

I am already thinking of my goal for 2010... think it will be to read most of the books from the ones I already own :)

Do you think you'll make your goal?

I'm already getting excited thinking about next year's challenges and reading goals. :)

Yeah I am too. So many challenge opportunities!

Do you think you'll make your goal?

I'm already getting excited thinking about next year's challenges and reading goals. :)

Well it might sound sad but I have been thinking of going through TBR pile picking out smaller books to try and get to my goal :D. Its ridiculous though because at the moment I am also trying to get assignments finished for uni so should really concentrate on that.

Well it might sound sad but I have been thinking of going through TBR pile picking out smaller books to try and get to my goal :). Its ridiculous though because at the moment I am also trying to get assignments finished for uni so should really concentrate on that.

What you studying and where?

I do that too - look for books I can read quickly. Although part of that is I lose concentration with big books

What you studying and where?

I do that too - look for books I can read quickly. Although part of that is I lose concentration with big books

I'm at Chester doing an MA in counselling so most of the books I read at the moment are related to that. I still love to read fiction though and have started Albert Camus The Outsider tonight. That will be 53 by Saturday then :):D

• 1 month later...