Sign in to follow this  
Athena

What are you listening to? - 2015

Amazing women :)

Here they are backing Kate .. with Dave Gilmour as a bonus :)

I loved Trio Bulgarka on Kate's Sensual World album. That album is so good, and listening to Never Be Mine always makes me go all goosebumpery.

I loved Trio Bulgarka on Kate's Sensual World album. That album is so good, and listening to Never Be Mine always makes me go all goosebumpery.

Yes, I wish they had played that at the concerts. I've seen a tracklisting that indicates it was down originally :( Oh well .. can't have everything  :blush2: 

I haven't listened to him in a long time :)

I haven't heard him for a while either - then it's great to rediscover him again!

I haven't heard him for a while either - then it's great to rediscover him again!

It is. I'll have to do just that. The Sabri Brothers are a pretty good Qawwali band.

Also this:

It is. I'll have to do just that. The Sabri Brothers are a pretty good Qawwali band.

Also this:

Ooh, I will have a look at The Sabri Brothers, never heard any Qawwali apart from NFAK. You have a very eclectic music tastes - just like mine!! It's quite rare too!

Nusrat's nephew is pretty good too. Those are the only two Qawwali I have I think. I listen to quite a bit of classical Indian music too. I had the utmost pleasure of seeing Ravi Shankar perform a year before his death.  

There's too much good music to just stick to one or two genres. Variety is the spice of life as they say.