Sign in to follow this  
frankie

The Library of Unrequited Love by Sophie Divry

I came across this title on Goodreads, one of my friends on there had read it, and the title obviously caught my attention.

This is the English cover of the book:

the-library-of-unrequited-love.jpg

And here's the book description from Amazon:

One morning a librarian finds a reader who has been locked in overnight.

She starts to talk to him, a one-way conversation that soon gathers pace as an outpouring of frustrations, observations and anguishes. Two things shine through: her shy, unrequited passion for a quiet researcher named Martin, and an ardent and absolute love of books.

A delightful flight of fancy for the lonely bookworm in all of us...

This is definitely going on my wishlist :smile2:  And I thought such a book might interest a few members on here, too... :)

Has anyone read it?

It sounds lovely, but £6.90 for just 96 pages seems a bit pricey to me.  It's in our library catalogue but they only have two copies and three reservations at the moment!  I think I might wait for the paperback.   :)

Yep, it's a surprisingly short novel, if you can even call it a novel. You could get a 'normal' length novel for that money :)  At least the other patrons of the library are able to read it quickly because of it's shortness so maybe you could get it sooner than you expected :D

I don't know if it's been translated into Finnish and I just don't think they would acquire something like this in English for the library... But it sounds so wonderful I might just have to buy it some day! (Or maybe use my worker's pull and make a library acquire a copy if I should ever get a job at one... :giggle:)

Edit: Janet, it's a French original so I think part of the price might to go the translating process...? :) (in case you didn't notice. I don't think it's obvious from the blurb or the book cover, or my introduction)

Edited by frankie

.Edit: Janet, it's a French original so I think part of the price might to go the translating process...? :) (in case you didn't notice. I don't think it's obvious from the blurb or the book cover, or my introduction)

Ah, no, I didn't know it was a translation.  I guess that explains why then.  :)