Which one do I read?

Hi our local Waterstones have started a reading group and there are no other ones near me so want to try and stick with it. There is a choice of 2 books to read this month Pure by Andrew Miller and Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman. Just wondered if anyone has read them and can recommend them please. Quite gutted as missed last months and it was Before I Go To Sleep and I reallyrfancy that book

TIA

Gemma

Pigeon English was one of my library reading group choices from last month, and I don't think there was anyone who didn't think it was a good book. I was the only one who had reservations, and that was only because I felt the ending was inevitable and I found it hard to read knowing what was coming, but there's no denying it was well written and a good book to read.

Out of those two choices I would go for 'Pure' by Andrew Miller - based on Amazon synopses and reviews. I read 'Before I Go to Sleep' recently and highly recommend it. I still find myself wondering what it must be like to have no memory from one day to the next.

• 2 months later...