Sci Fi & Fantasy Book Chooser

Brilliant! Thanks for posting that. :smile:

I'm suprised by how many of those I've read (33) considering I disgreed with much of NPR's top 100 when I saw it last year. Also interested to see Erikson's 'Malazan' books (my faves) placed alongside Zelazny's 'Chronicles of Amber' (which I put on my wishlist only a couple of days ago). This makes me even more eager to read 'Amber' than I was before. :smile:

Quite amused to see Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind placed alongside each other, too. I'm sure the Jordan fans won't appreciate that! :giggle2:

Haha, that's brilliant and funny too. I had to laugh at the part where it asks 'Want a little time travel with your story?'. If you opt for 'No', it just says 'Tough' and suggests The Time Traveler's Wife'. Will have to have a closer look when I've got ore time - thanks Timmo :)

I haven't had a look at all the books on it yet, but it led me straight to one of my favourite books (Neuromancer) so I'm impressed! :)

This makes me even more eager to read 'Amber' than I was before. :smile:

I thoroughly recommend "Amber" - when I have been mulling over my favourite books/series in the last couple of days, this was one of the first I thought of.

I thoroughly recommend "Amber" - when I have been mulling over my favourite books/series in the last couple of days, this was one of the first I thought of.

Well based on the fact that we seem to like a lot of the same books I take that as high recommendation indeed! :smile:

Dammit, I'm going to have to buy it now :lol:

Edit: Just noticed another fantasy choice on there:

Question: Enjoy stories about orphaned farm boys?

Choice: No

Answer: Tough

:lol:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

This is excellent. I like my Sci-fi and fantasy, but tend to be very choosy, as I don't like it too dumbed down, but I also don't like a proper story (some of the "hard" sci-fi gets too mired in technical details for my liking - get on with the action already!). So I've shyed away from the whole genre for a while now. The chart has led me to Hyperion by Dan Simmons, so I'll look out for that and give it a go.

BTW, is it OK to cheat and work backwards from a book you like the look of the cover of? :D

The chart has led me to Hyperion by Dan Simmons, so I'll look out for that and give it a go.

Hope you like Hyperion, Ian, it's one of my faves :D

Have you read any Neal Asher - it sounds like he might be right up your street :smile:

Hope you like Hyperion, Ian, it's one of my faves :D

Have you read any Neal Asher - it sounds like he might be right up your street :smile:

Thanks, Karsa - I'll check them both out