Hi everyone...

MrsLovebug

Hi everyone, Happy New Year to you all.

My name is Louise, I'm in my early-thirties and my new year's resolution for 2012 is to start reading for enjoyment again.

You see, up until the end of last year I had a blog which I used for both book reviews and general bits and bobs, however it was beginning to feel more like a chore than anything else, the reviews were beginning to get a bit generic and I wasn't enjoying the reading experience as much as I used to... which, quite frankly, sucked! So, after giving it some thought I decided to take a step back from blogging and put my blog on an indefinite hiatus. I also made the decision to take a few weeks off from reading in order to give myself a little bit of a break from everything and clear my mind.

Two weeks have passed and I'm ready to pick up a book again.

I made the decision to join the Book Club Forum as part of my new start and I'm looking forward to making some new friends along the way.

Hi welcome to the board! :smile: I know what you mean about reading becoming a chore, as I have a book blog too and in the past I found that I was getting bogged down by having to read books to review. I hope you get back to enjoying reading again!

What sort of books do you like to read?

Hello and welcome to the forum MrsLovebug! I think you joining the forum to make new friends, discuss books with people (instead of just writing about them to an unknown audience) is a great idea. I'm pretty sure you'll also get some great recommendations from the lovely members on here, we have a very varied mix of people with a very varied taste of books.

What kinds of books do you enjoy reading?

What sort of books do you like to read?

Well, to be honest I like a bit of everything really. I don't think I have a particular favourite type of genre, but I do tend to stick to authors I've read previously. Which, don't get me wrong, is fine in many ways but I would like to try and broaden my horizons a little and maybe try something a little bit more out of my comfort zone.

Welcome! And that's a good resolution!

Thank you. That is certainly my main goal for this year. I have always been a big reader but I really have felt like I've lost my way over the last year or so and that's not something I want to continue with. I want to get back to the real reasons why I choose to read in the first place, so I definitely think giving up the blog is the right way to go, certainly for the next 12 months at least.

I think you joining the forum to make new friends, discuss books with people (instead of just writing about them to an unknown audience) is a great idea. I'm pretty sure you'll also get some great recommendations from the lovely members on here, we have a very varied mix of people with a very varied taste of books.

My thoughts exactly!

I did receive the books 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up and 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die for Christmas so I'm planning on trying to read a few of the books featured in these that I wouldn't necessarily have picked up before. I also want to try and read a few more of the classics, as books by Jane Austen, Charles Dickens etc. are ones I really want to read but have so far avoided.

Hey, welcome to BCF. :friends3:

If you've come here for discussion and to meet new people you've definitely come to the right place. Although I think it's only fair that someone warns you about the fact that there is a good chance you will be adding a lot more books to 'to be read' list. :lol:

Edited by Ben

Hello and welcome

Thank you. Joining a forum as big and as well established as this one is a little daunting, but everyone has been really welcoming so far.

If you've come here for discussion and to meet new people you've definitely come to the right place. Although I think it's only fair that someone warns you about the fact that there is a good chance you will be adding a lot more books to 'to be read' list.

Well, I bought a lot of books last year and as such I've been banned from buying anymore. I'm going to try and go all year without buying any, although I somehow doubt this will happen. My back-up idea involves allowing myself one Amazon shopping trip later in the year (after I've built up a wish list) and hopefully that will be enough to feed my addiction. That's the plan, anyway!

Well, to be honest I like a bit of everything really. I don't think I have a particular favourite type of genre, but I do tend to stick to authors I've read previously. Which, don't get me wrong, is fine in many ways but I would like to try and broaden my horizons a little and maybe try something a little bit more out of my comfort zone.

Trying new genres and authors is really good from time to time. Hopefully you will find some inspiration on here.

I did receive the books 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up and 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die for Christmas so I'm planning on trying to read a few of the books featured in these that I wouldn't necessarily have picked up before. I also want to try and read a few more of the classics, as books by Jane Austen, Charles Dickens etc. are ones I really want to read but have so far avoided.

Funny you should mention 1001 Books list, we actually have a thread for that, some of us are doing the challenge and you can find the appropriate thread here! :) Feel free to jump in on the conversation. I'm not sure if there's a thread for the 1001 Children's Books though.

I hope you enjoy Austen and Dickens and find new favorite authors among the classics :)

Welcome Lovebug

I am not a blogger, but I can imagine that it would feel like it was something you HAD to do on a regular basis . I agree totally that to me at least, the more regimented my reading is,the less I enjoy it .

It's much more fun to choose what you want to read and when you finish it so it's fun .

I think you will like it here. There are lots of friendly people and lots of areas to visit that have pretty much anything book-related in them .

Welcome! Yes, you'll find many great discussions here, both in the reading circle and casually in most of the threads. I will warn you though, your TBR pile/wish list will grow like Topsy. :D

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Trying new genres and authors is really good from time to time. Hopefully you will find some inspiration on here.

I hope so, although I really do need to try and concentrate on my backlog of books first.

Funny you should mention 1001 Books list, we actually have a thread for that, some of us are doing the challenge and you can find the appropriate thread here. Feel free to jump in on the conversation. I'm not sure if there's a thread for the 1001 Children's Books though.

Excellent. I'm still trying to find my way around the board so I haven't come across it yet, but I will definitely check it out. Thanks.

I am not a blogger, but I can imagine that it would feel like it was something you HAD to do on a regular basis . I agree totally that to me at least, the more regimented my reading is,the less I enjoy it .

It's much more fun to choose what you want to read and when you finish it so it's fun.

Although I enjoyed blogging, even the non-book side of it was becoming more of a chore and was eating into my 'free time' so to speak. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time more now that I'm not spending all my online time blogging. I just wish I'd made the decision sooner.

I will warn you though, your TBR pile/wish list will grow like Topsy. :D

This seems to be a popular warning!

Hi Louise! :welcome2:

I sort of gave up my blog last year, and although I did try and kick start it again over the Christmas holiday, I'm already not that bothered about it again. This forum, however, keeps me going and I find an even better place to review and talk about books.

This forum, however, keeps me going and I find an even better place to review and talk about books.

Admittedly I haven't actually posted in any book threads yet, but I'm already beginning to think I'm going to spend a fair amount of time here. Everyone has been so welcoming and I love the fact that you can talk about everything here, not just books.

Hello and Welcome. You'll find that pretty much everyone here is more than welcoming and accommodating. A finer bunch of fellows you couldn't find. I hope you reignite your love of reading quickly.

Hi Mrs Lovebug, welcome to the gang! :)

Thank you Weave!

I hope you reignite your love of reading quickly.

I think I'm already well on my way. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, Louise! Hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you! I love it here already!

hello and welcome :D

Thanks Laura!