The TV Book Club Ch4

Michelle

The TV Book Club, continues in 2012 offering viewers the chance to celebrate and immerse themselves in Britain’s best writing. In a similar style to book clubs around the country, a panel of presenters including – Meera Syal, Dave Spikey, Rory McGrath and Laila Rouass - review specially selected best reads.

Here is the list of the titles to be reviewed in this series:

29th Jan - Before I go to Sleep

5th Feb - The Sisters, Brothers

12th Feb - The Somnabulist

19th Feb - Into the Darkest Corner

26th Feb - The Rules of Civility

4th Mar - Girl Reading

11th Mar - The Report

18th Mar - The Family Fang

25th Mar - Half the Human Race

1st Apr - You Deserve Nothing

This looks like an interesting selection of books, and should make for a good show. I've already read Before I Go To Sleep, and a few of the others have caught my attention. Has anyone read any of the others?

Two thumbs up from me for Into The Darkest Corner. It was a very harrowing but brilliant read.

I've never watched this show before, but there are some interesting books on there so if I remember I will make the effort.

Silly book lists... I've ordered Into The Darkest Corner, bought Girl Reading and The Somnabulist in WHSmiths, and will probably get The Report on audio!

I'm sure you'll enjoy Into the Darkest Corner Michelle I've just finished it & thought it was compulsive reading

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't read any of the book's chosen for this year's 'TV Book Club', but I have been hearing a lot about 'Before I go to Sleep' and so I would like to read that.

before I go to sleep is a brilliant read......couldn't put it down!!

I've read Into The Darkest Corner but thats the only 1 mentioned that I have.

Its a dark novel about

an abusive relationship

and what it has done to the main character and why she suffers so badly with OCD and had run away to start a new life. Until her past catches up with her.

It was a good read I did enjoy it but I personally wouldn't read it again I don't think.

I think because of all the hype it was getting I expected more. Plus it got a little tiresome reading her doing her checks and counting etc. all the time (due to her OCD).

I've not watched this programme before maybe I should.

Edited by Star

I have now read Half of the Human Race (fantastic) and The Report (so so) and have written short reviews on my reading blog. :smile: Still have Into the Darkest Corner and Before I Go to Sleep on my TBR shelf but I'm not in the mood for them at the moment...