Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 16

Chrissy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the book of short stories Another Long Hot Soak. I'm not going to bother starting anything else till I get my Christmas books so feeling a bit lost without a book to read at the moment.

I was going to read a whole lotta books this Christmas but I haven't had the time, I've been keeping very busy trying to get caught up with all the unread messages on people's reading logs here on the forum :D It's been a real pleasure though, I've hated it that I haven't been up to date for such a long time! Getting caught up has been just as much fun as reading books :) I've only had a chance to read when I've gone to bed to sleep, and I've now almost finished my current read, Nenäpäivä.

Edited by frankie

Last night I finished Last Light by Alex Scarrow. Such a brilliant, thought-provoking read if you are a fan of end-of-the-world-scenario type books (which I am). The sequel, After Light, is at our local library, so once they are back open I'll be heading straight there to pick it up.

Also I've bought two more books from today's release of the 12 Days of Kindle.

I bought The Quest for Anna Klein by Thomas H Cook. I read his Red Leaves this year and it blew me away. Also bought was Genus by Jonathan Trigell, which is a dystopian story.

Edited by bobblybear

When I was away I only managed to finish off two books, but I'm still quite happy with that, given how little reading I've done in the past few months. Anyway, I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie and Room by Emma Donohue. I also read half of The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter and bought a stack of books.

Today I spent loads of time sorting out my book lists but didn't get any actual reading done. :rolleyes:

Missed out on the opportunity to go to Waterstones today as I didn't realise the buses would be running. :doh:

But I am determined to get there before the end of the week to have a good long browse, spend my shiny new vouchers, and perhaps even stop off for a nice hot Starbucks while I'm there. In any case today I got through about 80 pages of Inheritance by Christopher Paolini and about 50 pages of my new Manchester United statistics book.

Will be getting off to get cosy in bed and read for a couple of hours now too.

Edited by Ben

Last night I finished Last Light by Alex Scarrow. Such a brilliant, thought-provoking read if you are a fan of end-of-the-world-scenario type books (which I am). The sequel, After Light, is at our local library, so once they are back open I'll be heading straight there to pick it up.

I never knew there was a sequel. Fantastic!!

I got a Kindle for Xmas. Totally shocked and super stoked!!!! I have wanted one for a while so I actually screamed when I opened it. I also got some tree books. My bro got me a book called The Guide to Middle Earth. It looks fab. He also got me A clash of Kings. As I only actually owned the first book of the series as I got the rest from the library. Stephanie got me loads of things including a new copy of Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh ( I lent my copy out and never got it back I was really upset) and Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis. American Psycho is one of my favourite books ever. So I am looking forward to reading this.

as for reading I have only read 50 pages of Next and bits and pieces of free E-books on my Kindle as we speak I am looking to get The Order of the Pheonix for my Kindle and will be my first E-book read :D. I hope once things settle down I can really chill and read.

Edited by catwoman

I never knew there was a sequel. Fantastic!!

It's set 10 years after Last Light and follows the same family. Should be a good read!!

Bought The Guinness Book of World Records today which was the Kindle daily deal. Not bad for £0.99!!

Popped into Waterstones today to spend my vouchers I got from my sister for Christmas, so I bought Death comes to pemberley - P D James and Snuff - Terry Pratchett not a bad haul but I have to say I was dissapointed with the sales in Waterstones nothing really sprang out at me that I hadn't already gotten and not being a big fan of the celebrity biography not much stood out. I am overall dissapointed in the new pricing of books I resent paying nearly £8 for a paperback when I can get it on Amazon for about £4.50 and even less for my kindle. Still these were good buys and I will be reading them over the next few days.

It's set 10 years after Last Light and follows the same family. Should be a good read!!

Bought The Guinness Book of World Records today which was the Kindle daily deal. Not bad for £0.99!!

O

ooo, thanks for that. Just got that. My son will love this!!!

As for me still no reading done after yet another busy day. But I did however get some books for the kindle.A kindle was suppose to save me money!!! :giggle:

I got: You might be a zombie and other bad news.

World War Z

and thanks to BobblyBear The Guiness World Records 2012

Spent the best part of the early hours of this morning reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, as it was enthralling and I simply could not put it down. I'm about 350 pages into now, and I'm really enjoying it.

I've been re-reading Valiant by Holly Black as I bought myself a hardcopy for Christmas - it's a guilty pleasure because she's not the greatest writer in the world (and the first book in this series is definitely rubbish), but this book (the second) isn't actually as bad as I remember; I'm quite enjoying it. And as it's essentially a stand-alone book, I can pretend the others don't exist :D

I've also started reading The Once & Future King by T. H. White, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Big epic book. :D

Went to the library today and borrowed Afterlight by Alex Scarrow and Whoops! by John Lanchester. I'm now reading Priceless: The Hidden Psychology of Value which I put down for a couple of weeks as it got a bit waffly.