Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 16

Chrissy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Book of Chameleons, which was extremely unusual but I really enjoyed. Ticked off Angola on my challenge list too.

Now started The Hound of the Baskervilles, because I felt bad I'd never read any Holmes.

Went to the library with Xander yesterday and picked out some books for us both. I got 5 for me:

Maureen Johnson – The Name of the Star

Lauren Kate – Torment (Fallen 2)

Laura Powell – The Game of Triumphs

Sarah Singleton – Heretic

Sarah Singlton – The Poison Garden

Among the ones Xan took out was The Black Book of Colours by Menena Cottin and illustrated by Rosana Faria. It's so good I had to review it. You can find the review on the BCF Reviews blog HERE.

Our accidental book buying at Barnes & Noble brought us:

Travelling the Silk Road, Ancient Pathway to the Modern World by Mark Norell, et als

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Virtual History, What could have been, edited by Niall Ferguson

The soup and sandwich was good too. :smile2:

Our accidental book buying at Barnes & Noble brought us:

Travelling the Silk Road, Ancient Pathway to the Modern World by Mark Norell, et als

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Virtual History, What could have been, edited by Niall Ferguson

The soup and sandwich was good too. :smile2:

Sounds like you made out well,good food and some souvenier books to complete the meal :)

I realised today that I had £18 of Amazon vouchers, so I decided to treat myself and ordered the following:

* Stuart MacBride - Birthdays For the Dead (pre-order - published 5th January 2012)

* Patrick deWitt - The Sisters Brothers (for the Western section of my 2012 Genre Challenge)

* Jane Alford - The Complete Book of Cross Stitch

The latter two should be dispatched Saturday, so I'll have tem before Xmas (fingers crossed!). :)

Getting lots of ideas of books to read. Glad that so many people enjoyed When Got Was A Rabbit. That was a really good read. So diffreent than anything I have read recently. I have just finished The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly and currently starting one of Gile Brandreth's Oscar Wilde mystery's. I know that they are silly but I do enjoy them.

I realised today that I had £18 of Amazon vouchers, so I decided to treat myself and ordered the following:

* Stuart MacBride - Birthdays For the Dead (pre-order - published 5th January 2012)

* Patrick deWitt - The Sisters Brothers (for the Western section of my 2012 Genre Challenge)

* Jane Alford - The Complete Book of Cross Stitch

The latter two should be dispatched Saturday, so I'll have tem before Xmas (fingers crossed!). :)

Hi Kell

Will be interested in your take of Sisters Brothers. I have been very tempted to get it .

Julie, I read The Sisters Brothers earlier this year, and enjoyed it. I see by my book list I rated it 4/5, and I think that rating still holds.

I finished a book today! It's probably the second book I've finished in 2-3 months: The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.

I've now started to read The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter for the January 2012 reading circle.

Ditto, despite owning two tree copies already. This Daily Deal is wonderful, I make sure I check every day. Clever old Amazon. :giggle2:

This will be my first Neil Gaiman so I hope I enjoy it, but there were lots of good things said about it on here, so I thought I'd give it a go!