Adaptions of Vanity Fair

vodkafan

Vanity Fair TV/film adaption  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you recommend for me to watch?

• Old 1960's Susan Hampshire version
    • Mira Nair/Reece Witherspoon film
    • BBC adaption

Hi all, title and poll says it all really, some of you may know that I hated the book and found it a struggle, but I do think the story would be good visually, then I found out there were 3 versions in existence! So which one should I watch? Any opinions welcome.

I struggled with the book too and have only watched teh Reece Witherspoon version but I really enjoyed that film and it's given me the hope that one day I'll return to the bok and give it anothe try. :)

I've seen the BBC version and it's excellent. Natasha Little is perfect as scheming Becky. It's quite long though ... probably about six hours :o

About the same as Pride and Prejudice then....I don't mind the length as long as they do justice to the original..P+P was great except for some reason they left a most important scene off the ending (maybe the beeb ran out of money)

I voted for the BBC adaptation I always think they do a good job of the classics surprised you wanedt to watch it though as I know you hated the book :D

I thought the story was good it was the way the writer kept stopping the action and giving his opinion on everything that killed it for me...but I thought the characters were very true to human nature...I knew a woman who was very like Becky Sharp once.